Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Aloha

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?

Aloha

To disable ads, please log-in.

So it would seem that Hubby has got a postdoc position on Oahu Based at the university at Manoa......I'm hoping to move out there at the end of the year

Can anyone tell me what the cycling is like on the island ? Are there organised rides ?? Ladies ride group ??? good bike shops in the area ???

I'm a recreational road rider that like organised rides and i'm keen to get a new mountain bike as i understand the off road biking is great there Am I better buying one in the mainland on the way over ?? I'm a fan of Specialized so hopign to get one cheaper than in NZ before I leave

Any info would be greatly appreicated
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

ooo

Cool MNZ!! I know you've been waiting to hear about the exact location for a while & do hope you can find some cool mtn biking areas!

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by ellen21 View Post
    I think there are a couple of biking clubs there
    O`ahu is known for poor or non-existent bike lanes in most areas, making road riding somewhat hazardous. And off-road trails are usually in mountainous areas, which get a lot of rain and are quite often slippery and dangerous. Unfrotunately, the island is not exactly bike-friendly, as best I can tell.
    But don't give up hope. O`ahu is still an incredibly gorgeous place to ride!

thanks for your imput hmmmmmmmmmm.... most NZ road don't have bike lanes so hopefully I'll cope (although the other side of the road will get some use too !!! ) .... I'm also use to NZ drivers which are legendary for being bad drivers

Our contact is coming over to stay for a few days so hoping to pick up what the trails are like, I'm figuring I might be safer on them to start off with ...........

Just trying to find a suitable mountain bike to take over...
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary