Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Jaysus Annie...

Glad you made it outta there...with everything attached...man
    it sure could have been worse. I'd still be hiding under the covers.
    What's the damage to your frame...is it bad?? Is it your beloved
    5200?? Keep us posted on your recovery, and let us know if they catch the <insert bad word>! I'll be thinking of ya...

karen
    avoiding the censor police

Hey everyone! Thanks so very much for your concern and comments! It is all appreciated and all helps.

Except for my ankle, I am pretty well healed. The ankle is still swollen and I will probably end up going to my family doctor this week just to have it checked. Can't hurt......

Still am not sure about the bike. I will have to pester my friendly LBS owner to get moving on it! The worst thing about the bike is that it was not my bike! It was a borrowed bike that I used because I don't have a touring bike. The only possibility of insurance coverage would be homeowners and it would have to be the owner's homeowners. She hasn't checked into it yet. Fortunately, she is a GOOD friend and was much more concerned about me than the bike. She never rode the bike which was why she could loan it to me. IF the frame is still aligned, I plan on replacing rims, pedals, and getting it into riding shape again.

I've talked to the police officer in Fort Dodge three times since the accident. No news. He says they've followed all the leads they've gotten.......... Checked into Victims Comp. That would only cover me, not the bike. And my medical ins. will cover all those bills. Still thinking about doing something for pain, suffering, loss of work time, etc.

Mentally, I am okay, just a little more leery of traffic, but I've been out riding quite a bit. Not at night yet, but that will come. I NEED to ride my bike. It is my therapy, my exercise, a large part of the joy in my life. I simply could not let fear interfere with that! So I am out there (and will be soon!)

Thanks again for all the support. You are a wonderful group of women. I think of you as friends!

annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard