Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Olympics

Re: time trials

To disable ads, please log-in.

I kinda figured you were dancin' about now! Tyler & Bobby, and Eki too!

Originally posted by jobob
    Woohoo !!!

Cool Jo's Happy dance

Some day I'd like to see Jo doing the happy dance. I bet it looks something like this:

LOL!
    Happy Dance to the Linus & Lucy theme.

... yes indeedy, Life is Good!

I can't find link-able photos of the RR podiums so if anyone would care to oblige...?

Oh, and veering back momentarily to the subject of Aussie swimmers, I think Ian Thorpe's smile is absolutely dazzing.

Bring on the track racing
    Last edited by jobob; 08-18-2004 at 09:10 PM.

Tyler carried Tugboat's dog tag during the TT. How sweet is that? sniff, sniff....

Whoooooo!!!!! just watch me do Jo's happy dance!.

Chris Hoy just got the gold for the UK in the track kilo.

What an incredible ride!. The German guy ( who came third) got a new Olympic record, followed by the French guy who got another Olympic record and rode like a manic. No one thought Chris could do it but he was last off and when I saw his face as he sat on his bike waiting to go... It said - "I'm the Daddy - Just watch this...!" Such confidence. He looked like a winner even before he'd turned a pedal.

Just goes to show how mental attitude plays such a big role.

Thanks, MM, I haven't had a chance to watch Olys the last couple of days, I was wondering what I was missing.
    And Bravo to the UK!

Just found this article:

http://www.velonews.com/race/trk/articles/6812.0.html

Wow, the Aussies are doing might well too!
    Last edited by jobob; 08-21-2004 at 07:01 AM.

Anna, Anna, Anna!!!

Anna Meares is just racing so brilliantly! Gold & WR in the 500m TT and qualified fastest in the sprints.

The Aussie team has also qualified fastest & set a world record on their way in the men's team pursuit. This is fantastic! The boys are down to 3min56sec, and they think 3min55sec is possible, so watch the final for another probable WR!

Congrats to Chris Hoy of England! It's a bloody shame that he had to beat Shane Kelly, but Chris raced well and deserved the gold. PS - to MightyMitre, Shane Kelly got the first Olympic Record in the kilo that night, then it was followed by the German and so on.

Hi Ausgirl - did you see the 2 Brad's battle it out? What a fantastic race. I was screaming at the TV. ( Quick crow that Wiggins won... hee-hee. )

I know the Brad's are good friends off the track and it was really nice to see how they were patting each other on the back ect afterwards. They're both incredible riders.

As for the mens team persuit today.... OMG - this is going to totally amazing .

Best of luck to the Aussies and may the best team win.

Men's team pursuit...the best team DID win!!! Well, they haven't been beaten in the event in the last few years and have scored 4 world records in 3 years!

That was great watching the two Brads! Yeah, I did here that they are friends. Apparently Wiggins was on FDJ with McGee last year. Now both of the Brads have Olympic gold medals on the track as well as being TDF riders. This might sound a bit petty, but I wonder if the great Lance Armstrong would also be capable of Olympic gold on the track - I have my doubts...well, he doesn't exactly do much sprinting

Good article on the Aussie team pusuit win:

http://www.velonews.com/race/trk/articles/6833.0.html

Lots of other good articles & fotos at www.velonews.com

Off-topic and snarky:
    I cannot watch more than 5 minutes of gymnastics before Al Trautwig's bombastic inanitude gives me a raging headache

Congrats to the Aussies - what a great race. Now both the Brads have gold medals to wave at each other.

We were there!

Hi All

You may remember me from my very occasional posts where I mentioned I was going to the Olympics whilst on my travels.

First of all, I have to say - what a fantastic experience. As soon as we get back to Australia we are going to start saving so that we can go to Beijing.

Secondly, we had many great experiences, but my best were -

1. Seeing Australia win two gold medals on the last night of the swimming - Grant Hackett in the 1500m and our 4 x 100m medley women's team.

2. Seeing Tyler win his gold in the Time Trial and getting to meet him afterwards, as well as meeting Bobby and getting both his and Tyler's autographs on the final time listing. He was such a nice guy and we were so happy for him.

See here

See the look on my husband's face to see the happiest boy in town after meeting Tyler!

3. Seeing the Oz Pursuit team break the world record in the first round. (Photos of this coming soon).

4. Seeing Katie push Sarah all the way for her gold in the women's pursuit.

We also have some photos of Nicole and Leontien from the Time Trial and Michael Rogers, Ullrich, Ekimov, Bobby and Tyler during the time trial.

There is also some other pics from various events here including the road race with Bettini about to win. We missed the women's road race unfortunately

We've also got a couple of reports on the front page here if you're interested.

Enjoy - we certainly did!

Victoria

P.S. We're now in Cairo adjusting to Egypt and drinking lots of tea. Thinking about cycling next week unless it gets a bit hotter.
    Stockton-on-Tees, UK to Brisbane, Australia - It's the Big Trip - www.bigtrip.blogspot.com

forgot to mention...

Whilst at the airport putting our bikes in our boxes before our flight, two members of the Swiss team came along and we had a chat. We were stuffing our's into cardboard boxes and their bikes were all in the beautiful pro cases.

I only just realised that one of the girls was Karin Thuerig who won the bronze in the time trial. I asked if she'd had a good games and was happy and she said yes. I knew I should've got a photo, but we were under pressure from the check-in people to get our bikes sorted! Oh well, she said she's going to try for Beijing, so hopefully I'll see her there!
    Stockton-on-Tees, UK to Brisbane, Australia - It's the Big Trip - www.bigtrip.blogspot.com

aussievic

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it was a great adventure!

WOW !

what AG said