Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Another Saturday Ride - Sandy/SLC

To disable ads, please log-in.

It looks gorgeous this week. I am hoping to ride about 60 miles on Saturday.
    The plan is to depart from my house in Sandy and head east to creek road and ultimately wasatch blvd. I'll take wasatch to the mouth of little cottonwood and then down through the pepperwood area into Draper. From there into Heriman and criss cross on the west side to finish up the mileage.

No hugely fast pace - I usually average 15 to 18 MPH, much slower up hills. I also need to stop quickly every 10 to 15 miles to stretch out my back. Just a fair warning.

If anyone is interested in riding, PM me. I plan to be out the door by 8am.
    Like always, I only have internet at work, so contact me before 1pm on Friday if you are interested.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend riding...wherever your bike takes you.

Hi Sulis:

I will be riding at the south end of Utah County with riders from the Utah Velo Club . We are riding about 50 miles around West Mountain. We ride between 14-18 mph with slower hills and the group is generally women. I would like to ride with you sometime and get caught up on what is going on in your life!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Lifesgreat - where is your ride meeting and at what time? Can those who are not members of Utah Velo join the rides? I could possibly be persuaded to change my plans. I just know I need to get in roughly 60 miles and its hard to be motivated to ride that far on my own.

Hi Sulis:

If you show up, you are a member . Well, pretty much. PM your current email address and I will forward and email to you. www.utahveloclub.com is where you can sign up to get club emails.

This is the ride I am doing and some info about the club.

Saturday, May 12, 2007: (47 miles, Springville - West Mountain This is flat with some short climbs. 14-18 MPH averages should feel comfortable with this ride. Meet at the Sinclair Gas Station on the West side of I-15 Exit 260 (please do not park in the Cracker Barrel lot). Be ready to ride at 8:00 a.m. SHARP! The Club Ride Format will apply. See Route Map Notice that you can print a "Cue Sheet" at the Bikely web site by clicking on "Show" on the left side of the page near the top, that gives you the option of Whole Route, Elevation Profile, and Cue Sheet. Also you can zoom in and out to see very detailed parts of the route. It gives the options of street map, satellite, or Hybrid to view the route. This site is a ride leaders dream. There are no excuses to get lost anymore.... Please study the map and print the cue sheet if you are not familiar with this route. It is the same as we have been doing last Fall and this Spring.

About the club

The Utah Velo Club was initiated by The Bike Peddler in American Fork for the purpose of organizing group rides and informal races. Cyclists of all abilities and fitness levels are invited to participate in the club without a membership fee. There is no mandatory level of participation required to remain in the club. If you are interested, you are in, if not just ask to be deleted from the list.

Benefits of participation: Discounts at The Bike Peddler bike shop for those who participate in any of club events; Discount membership at Gold's Gyms; Special spinning class for Utah Velo Club; Cross-training events in the Winter; Organized rides; Meet other cyclists to ride with; Share experience and improve riding skills.

Club coordinator: Stan Swallow. For those of you who haven't met me, you need to know that I'm not some young speedy bike racer. I'm 66 and retired but love to ride, race, and stay fit. I teach the spinning classes maintain the Gold's Gym spinning bikes at 15 gyms. This year Gold's Gym has given us a scheduled time slot for spinning classes and I am certified cycling instructor.

Gold's Gym Arrangements: If you decide you would like to join Gold's Gym you will be given a discounted membership as a bike club member. The Gold's Gym membership deal for the club is $249.00 for 14 months (paid in full upfront). That figures out to be $17.79 per month. This is the student rate with 5 extra months added on. (Students get 9 months for $249.00) That is a very good deal considering the facilities that are available. See Mark Renshaw, Manager of American Fork Gold's Gym, to get this deal. The manager seems impressed with our group and is willing to negotiate with you if you want to deal with him. In case you are wondering... I get nothing out of your decision to join!!! No kick backs here. I'm just trying to get you the best deal if you are interested, that's all.

Outside rides:
    Weather permitting, during the winter, we will schedule "show-and-go" rides on Saturdays. Some of these will be races and some easy rides of various lengths. During the summer we will have evening rides on Tuesday and Thursday with much longer rides on Saturday.

Cross Training:
    For good cross training on Saturday during the Winter we can go snowshoeing early in the morning. Call or e-mail Stan for information on meeting time and location and if you need to borrow his extra snowshoes.

Club Fees:
    No membership fee will be charged. Club jersey, pants, bibs, and socks may be purchased at significant discount at The Bike Peddler. The club is not formed to make money (obviously) but is only for the purpose of getting cyclists who like riding in groups together.

General information:
    If you have cycling friends who are not members let them know about the club and have them complete the Membership Request page at our web site http://www.utahveloclub.com . All club activities will be announced via e-mail and the web site.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley