Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: HAPPY new year!

HAPPY new year!

To disable ads, please log-in.

an unofficial resolution of mine is to be more active in cycling communities.... I'm back on our club's board as of next week's annual partie.
    Mostly my 13 mile commute as far as riding goes but I've also set goal to ride 100 non commute miles in January and I've already done 25. That's of course weather dependent but ... so far the weather has been mostly ridable (freezing drizzle last week NIX!)

Good for you, Sue. Weather was always a factor when I lived in Illinois, too, as far as how many miles I could ride in January. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by north woods gal View Post
    Good for you, Sue. Weather was always a factor when I lived in Illinois, too, as far as how many miles I could ride in January. Go for it.
    Well, yesterday I rode because it wasn't windy yet in the a.m. and... it abated t0 17 mph (and tailwind, rah ) by 5:00.

It was the weather being kind to me, tho', because it picked right up in thenight and this morning it was 23 with gusts over 30 so... handy dandy bus pass. (Okay, temp also 23 compared to 41 yesterday).

We'll see about tomorrow -- snow in the forecast for the weekend but then back to "climate change indicative" warmth.

Happy New Year, Sue.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Share your plans for this year, please)
    And at the end of the year we will tell what we managed to achieve)

I plan to buy a new bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Happy New Year, Sue.
    Plans? They’ve narrowed down to that I plan to help my wife kick cancer’s azz and then back to whatever I was doing before then. Oh, I’d just retired, planned to go back to school then do some other kinda work while getting in shape.

But who wants to take Algebra when they’re over 60 anyway?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Howdy, and best wishes for a great 2019. pretty cold right now..meaning -28 degrees C with -32 degrees C wind chill.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    Plans? They’ve narrowed down to that I plan to help my wife kick cancer’s azz and then back to whatever I was doing before then. Oh, I’d just retired, planned to go back to school then do some other kinda work while getting in shape.

But who wants to take Algebra when they’re over 60 anyway?
    I'm sorry your partner has cancer. I haven't been here for ages. Well, my partner is using his algebra for financial modelling for his son's butcher shop...he loves supporting his son's biz in his retirement.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    I'm sorry your partner has cancer. I haven't been here for ages. Well, my partner is using his algebra for financial modelling for his son's butcher shop...he loves supporting his son's biz in his retirement.
    There’s an actual practical use for algebra? That’s motivating. I thought it was just a required class. Good to know.

Knott is making good progress. We’re cautiously optimistic. She just had a mid chemo blood work up and cat scan. The “cancer markers” in her blood tests are way the heck down, the metastisis in her liver has almost dissapeared and the tumor is down by 25%. She has 4 more chemo sessions but it makes the process somehow more tollerable when you see it working.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/