Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Shiner GASP

Shiner GASP

To disable ads, please log-in.

A little late to see who is going, but I will be out there with DH. I am still incredibly out of shape and really behind for this time of year- I hope I don't have to SAG!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Did anyone else ride? I will have to say this was the worst ride ever. Not for anything they could control. The headwinds beat me up, 85.70 miles is hard when you just haven't trained properly and the weather in the morning was just gross. However, I feel a huge sense of accomplishment. I was miserable the last 10-20 miles but I did not signal the SAG wagon. My record of completing the orgranized rides I start is still perfect.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Hey there Aggie_Ama,

I was there and I kept my eyes out for aggie jerseys all day. I didn't see your post before the ride, but I was still looking.

I thought that the last 10 miles were the worst! The hills seemed longer than the others and the wind, omg, I didn't think it could get any stronger...but it did!

I pulled in around 3 pm. It was a long ride. I was riding with friends and I would get ahead and pull off to the side of the road and wait for them...perhaps you rode by me at some point.

I kept thinking (especially during the last 10 miles) that this is the hardest that I've ever worked for a beer. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to enjoy one at the finish. I got there, found my bag, loaded my bike and got on the little mini bus as I was in a rush to get back to Austin for a 6:30 JDRF event.

What a day! Oh, one more thing...didn't you LOVE the mist and lack of sunshine? And the flowers! I love flowers.

Karri- I finished at 2:33, so we may have seen each other. I was wearing a mint green sleeveless PI jersey, but then again so were at 2 other women I saw.

I had my AV Buff on headband style, too bad it didn't stand out. Right now I am writing a full adventure (suffer?) report, I really want to reflect on how accomplished I felt!

As for the part- I rode in my granny gear a good portion of the way and felt like I was riding hard! Until we unloaded our bikes in Austin, I never realized I was in that easy of a gear.
    Amanda

Hee, hee....granny gear. I forgot about that part. I spent part of the ride trying to bargain with God to just give me one more gear and dreaming of a triple!

I thought that I had hit rock bottom when I could only go 11 and 10 miles per hour on a flat. Oh, no... that came later when I could only go 8!

I did have a strong finish (motivated to catch that bus back to Austin) and flew past everyone up the hills. But I do remember checking the miles every so often and wondering how 10 miles could take so long.

I also thought that I was going to get blown over when I was on the bridge going over I 10.

In fact, on the bus I heard chatter about a woman being blown over somewhere on the ride. I think she broke a bone. Not sure.

I can't wait to read your adventure story.

My jersey was red and yellow at the shoulders and solid blue from the waist down.

I was riding with a very tall man and two women.