Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Job Opening at Team Estrogen

To disable ads, please log-in.

We have an immediate opening for a full-time employee in the very busy shipping department at our new warehouse in Hillsboro, Oregon.

Primary responsibilities will include:
    Pick and process outbound customer orders.
    Balance credit card receipts daily
    Maintain adequate levels of shipping supplies
    Assist in processing inbound inventory during low seasons or when order processing is finished, as needed. Maintain order in the warehouse. Other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth operation of the office.

The ideal candidate:
    *has a keen interest in bicycling, triathlon or running and is enthusiastic about selling and wearing technical, sport-specific apparel.
    *thrives in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
    *is detailed-oriented, enjoys a varied work environment and is able to multi-task effectively
    *has some flexibility during peak seasons (mid-summer, November/December shopping season). Neither evenings nor weekends are required, but willingness to work some weekday overtime during crunch periods is appreciated.
    *has general proficiency in Word/Excel and is comfortable learning new/unfamiliar computer tasks
    *possesses solid basic math skills
    *has a pleasant speaking voice and is comfortable speaking on the phone

Benefits:

In addition to a standard benefits package including paid holidays, vacation and sick days, health insurance, and a basic retirement plan, TE offers numerous benefits of particular interest to athletes including:

*secure indoor bike parking with showers and gear storage facilities
    *generous employee purchase discounts on apparel.
    *A bike commuting incentive program that rewards employees with free apparel, based on bike commuting %.
    *Trimet subsidy
    *very casual work environment

Compensation $10 per hour to start

Please send a resume and letter of interest via email to susan@teamestrogen.com
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Awww... I so wish I lived in Oregon. I would LOVE to work at TE- you all make my life so happy, it would be great to work for such a great company.
    Please build a warehouse in Oklahoma City....
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    *A bike commuting incentive program that rewards employees with free apparel, based on bike commuting %.
    This job's a little out of my skillset, but I had to pop in and say that this is by far the coolest job perk I think I've ever seen.

Thanks! We think it's pretty cool too. And it *is* motivational. We don't run it all year long, and commuting % is definitely higher during the "on" months than during the "off" months.

Best,

Susan
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

If I commuted in from the Gorge everyday on my bike and the commuting program worked on a per mile basis... That's about 120 miles per day. By my calculations that works out to a lot of free gear. It might be worth quiting my PT job.

But winters would be tough.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

skills

The job sounds great ...but Im new to biking ,and I dont think I have as much knowledge as you require. I live in Beaverton, about a 20 mile commute.

Suzie, I think you should send a resume in if you're interested! From what I've seen, you're enthusiastic enough to learn anything!

This really is a cool sounding opportunity! I would be sending DH to apply for it if the commute were not a few thousand miles....

H&B
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Suzie - send in your resume, you've got nothing to lose.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Definitely send in your resume! I'd do it if I could...though a commute from Seattle would be harsh. Sounds like a fantastic and supportive work environment

Kitsune06 Guest
    Suzie- I don't think it's as much a matter of hands-on bikewrenching, chain cleaning or bike computer calibration as it is just having a sincere passion for the concept and a willingness to help TE flourish as a company. Everything this board really represents- encouragement, compassion, support, the commonalities that bring all us biker chicks together- despite how different we all can be.
    TE's one of those companies that says "You can do it- and we can help!"
    I think you should apply. Bycycle.org might be able to come up with a nice route- I think you'd take Millikan to Walker, just follow it north and west through northern Hillsboro. The area's pretty conducive to biking once you get past Murray Hill- just very, very gentle rollers, trees, and some open fields, especially in the Rock Creek area. 20 mi? I live off Hall and Scholl's in Portland/Tigard/Beavertron and it's 12mi give or take some- you're further west, but maybe further south, too. I'd think the distance would be close to the same...
    Last edited by Kitsune06; 05-08-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Wouldn't it be great to work at a place that actually UNDERSTOOD riding your bike into work??

Susan!!!

Your KILLING me!! Don't you want to open an oupost in sunny AZ??!!

And Suzie- GET OUT OF YOUR COMFY BOX AND APPLY!!!

Kitsune06 Guest
    Hey now.... Suzie will make her move if that's what she really wants- chill guys.

resume

Susan, I sent a very basic resume to you. I don't know if I'm what your looking for ,or if you even filled the position yet.
    Suzie

Kitsune06 Guest
    Woo! Good luck, Suzie!