Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

(Amateur) movies of cycling amateur/womens races

To disable ads, please log-in.

With all those movie websites popping up like YouTube etc a lot of (amateur) movies of amateur/womens races popup. Personaly I allways like to see those, it's just fun.

Ran into one last night. A womens elite race over a 17 mile course (which had to be done 4 times) on the homeground of worldchampion marianne vos. So she was keen to win the race.

Movie

I am in the process of upgrading my license so I can participate in these events ... they look cool, though they are nervous (there was a big crash in this one which caused half the field to have to leave the race early on).

Here are 2 more Movie 2 and Movie 3
    My new baby for 2007

That was AWESOME, I just wish I knew what they were saying! Gosh, those women look amazing!

You may have already seen this one, but my cousin participated in this race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJSKBr6Fe-U

There's a guy around here filming a documentary about amateur cycle racing, men's and women's, called Start 2 Finish ( www.start2finishmovie.com ) He's following a number of riders hoping to get all the stories, successful and not. There's not too much up yet, but he does have a couple of raw clips and some trailers up. Poor hubbys in one, right after a crash.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    There's a guy around here filming a documentary about amateur cycle racing, men's and women's, called Start 2 Finish ( www.start2finishmovie.com ) He's following a number of riders hoping to get all the stories, successful and not. There's not too much up yet, but he does have a couple of raw clips and some trailers up. Poor hubbys in one, right after a crash.
    You mean the one with the boys laying on the groud and he waves that annoying comera in everybodies face????
    My new baby for 2007

yeah probably - my hubby is the one you see right away standing straightening his handlebars out. Then he takes off and goes to see if he can catch back on or not. In the other video from that race (Independence Valley) you get a little glimpse of my field through the windshield.
    It's not up on the web site, but somewhere there is some footage of me just after I've stood up from crashing (some lovely gal shoulder checked me right off the road after the finish line.... darn it this is cycling not hockey!) I was OK since I landed in the grass, but I've been informed I cursed pretty good , then when the guy comes over and sticks the camera in my face I said something pretty lame like - you're not going to put my bloody nose in your movie are you.... (I had a little cut on the bridge of my nose from my glasses, but at the time I couldn't see myself - I just heard someone tell me my nose was bleeding and I was expecting something much worse)
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

yeah probably ... much worse)
    It almost went wrong for me last wednesday. So guy just cut right infront on me in the curve and hit my handlebar with his big butt. And he didn't even say sorry, jerk. Luckely everbody was alert and it didn't result in a crash but it really makes my heart jump and I was ready to tear off his skin.
    My new baby for 2007

just found this on youtube and while not completely related, it is a very cool (and scary) vid:

insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmyt View Post
    just found this on youtube and while not completely related, it is a very cool (and scary) vid:

insane!
    Hah - this was stolen from Lucas Brunell, I wonder if he knows. Someone set it to different music and posted it to YouTube
    If you like watching crazy messenger races he's got some of the wildest videos out there, plus some other funny stuff like the couch-cycle...
    www.digave.com

Hah - this was stolen from Lucas Brunell, I wonder if he knows. Someone set it to different music and posted it to YouTube
    If you like watching crazy messenger races he's got some of the wildest videos out there, plus some other funny stuff like the couch-cycle...
    www.digave.com
    Wow... those guys are acrobats on a bike

Some more video's (for those who like them of course, if not, then don't look)

[1][2][3][4][5]

A video shot during a big track event where women were also invited to ride (for the first time ever) [1]

Oh and this a tvshow for the kids featuring my lbs and explenation about track racing
    My new baby for 2007