Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    I was going to post that a Sunday ride seems to have become a possibility for me again. However, it looks like I may be too late. Tam, would you still like to do a road ride?
    Is Saturday out for you?
    I was planning on doing the Triathalon Loop - hoping to get about 40 miles in on Saturday. I'll be going by your neck o' the 'burbs, so join me if you can.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    Is Saturday out for you?
    I was planning on doing the Triathalon Loop - hoping to get about 40 miles in on Saturday. I'll be going by your neck o' the 'burbs, so join me if you can.
    I saw that you were doing mtb on Sunday and forgot that other people get to bike both days of the weekend. I'm not sure which day would be best for me. Let me see if Saturday will work OK.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

OK, yes, either day is doable for me, but not both.

Regina, you're still thinking about the "Triathlon" route for Saturday? What time? With the extra distance from home this would probably end up as a 42 mile ride for me. I hope I'm up for it!
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    OK, yes, either day is doable for me, but not both.

Regina, you're still thinking about the "Triathlon" route for Saturday? What time? With the extra distance from home this would probably end up as a 42 mile ride for me. I hope I'm up for it!
    I'm doing both. Yeah, we have no life.
    Road ride on Saturday. Mtb on Sunday.
    Nicole - how does 10 a.m. at Safeway work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    I'm doing both. Yeah, we have no life.
    Road ride on Saturday. Mtb on Sunday.
    Nicole - how does 10 a.m. at Safeway work for you?
    9:30 or 10 would be OK
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

I was off yesterday so I went out and did a fast (for me) ride on the C&O up between Harper's Ferry & Shepherdstown. The bike is now a dusty mess and I'm thinking of spending Sunday with my kayak for the first time this year. The poor 'yak was so neglected last year

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker
    Tam, this might be a good place and time for you to try out your 'cross bike on trails. There are very few logs, only two easy stream crossings, and not very many roots. It's just a lot of fun swoopy up and down trail riding. I think you'd do fine, even before taking a skills clinic.

We're carpooling and meeting at my house at 8:15 on Sunday. Hope you can join us!
    The idea of a relatively easy mtb ride at Rosaryville is mighty tempting, though. What time do you & Regina plan to get to the park? Depending on how early you're planning to get there, I could change my mind between now and Sunday morning and meet you there.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    The idea of a relatively easy mtb ride at Rosaryville is mighty tempting, though. What time do you & Regina plan to get to the park? Depending on how early you're planning to get there, I could change my mind between now and Sunday morning and meet you there.
    We'll probably get there about 9 am. Not sure what route you'd take to get to Rosaryville, but you could come to my house and carpool with us. (I'm about two miles off the beltway.)

One of the women I work with (a fellow bike commuter) may meet us there also. You'll be home by noon, leaving plenty of time for the kayak!

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    You'll be home by noon, leaving plenty of time for the kayak!
    Ha! Time, maybe, but probably not enough energy About the carpooling: How many bikes can you fit on your car?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

Ha! Time, maybe, but probably not enough energy About the carpooling: How many bikes can you fit on your car?
    Oh, c'mon! Multi-sport days are always a trip!!!!
    If we take my truck, I can put the trays on the roof rack and can carry four bikes plus riders and gear.

p.s. Would love to hook up and kayak with you. My 'yaks were neglected last year, too!

Hmmmm.... 8:15am for biking , or dragging the 'yak to Triadelphia a bit later in the morning...

I actually feel guilty for this (my poor 'yak), but I'm gonna make the effort to get up early enough to join you guys. How many miles are you planning to ride? Anyone have an extra chain guard? And, Janice, do you want to pm me directions to your house?

I actually feel guilty for this (my poor 'yak), but I'm gonna make the effort to get up early enough to join you guys. How many miles are you planning to ride? Anyone have an extra chain guard? And, Janice, do you want to pm me directions to your house?
    It's a 10 mile loop at Rosaryville. Don't know what a chain guard is. Will send you a pm with directions.

My bike rack holds 3 bikes, a tight fit with MTBs. We can make it work.

Now let's hope the weather holds out. They're now calling for thundershowers overnight; if that happens, we can't ride the trail.

Thunderstorms, huh? Blech. I'll wipe down my little dustball anyway, though, just in case.

Thumbs down Dang the rain!

Well, it's not looking good. I've got lots of thunder and pouring rain right now. The radar shows it's raining all around the area, so it looks like tomorrow's MTB ride isn't going to happen. What do you think?

(One of my dogs is about to have a stroke...unfortunately he's the one with high blood pressure so a stroke is a real possibility. He's hiding under the desk at my feet right now. Poor guy. The other one is so deaf he doesn't even know it's thundering.)

Don't give up on the ride just yet!!!
    I don't know if this qualifies as "soaking".

I posted a query on the MORE website (Ride forum) about when is it NOT okay to ride, and got a few replies, including:
    "Well, checking the forecast for Upper Marlboro, they are calling for a tenth to a quarter inch of rain tonite. As dry as things are, that won't even faze Rosaryville.
    "Check the 2 day history tomorrow morning, and check the amount of rain that has fallen overnite. If its under 1/2", I think you'll be golden. Rosaryville holds up reasonably well to rain, and it has to be absolutely bone dry now."

Another said:
    "There's no magic formula outside of a little common sense and a healthy amount of respect for the trail. The biggest thing is to be ready to turn back and stop riding (or never start) if you show up at the trail and find it is in bad shape.
    "Too many people rationalize their bad behavior; some seem to think that their right to ride is proportional to the amount of time and effort they expended to get to the trail head. An hour on the Beltway does not undo trail damage from riding on wet dirt.
    "Use your noggin and you'll be fine."

So....let's check first thing in the a.m. Tam, that means early early for you, but I honestly think we'll be okay.

p.s. Janice - glad this storm blew through pretty quickly. Hope the dogs are okay!!

OK, OK, I'll set the alarm and get up early as planned. I would really like to do this ride, so I hope you're right. Good night!