Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Bah!
    This is what happens when I try to maintain multiple calendars.
    On May 20th, I have to be in Alexandria at 1 p.m., so I don't think I will have time to be at Riley's Lock for a 10 a.m. ride (much less stay for lunch! )
    Bummer. So, I may try for an early ride around my house, but I'll have to pass on the group ride.
    Enjoy and I'll join you for the June ride.
    Last edited by 7rider; 05-03-2007 at 06:31 AM. Reason: The appt. is at 1, not 2!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I hate to ask...

Would it be possible for us to do this ride on the 13th or 27th instead? I forgot that I'm doing the ride-to-work on the 18th and Joe's Ride on the 19th and I like to have a day off each weekend for rest and family. If it needs to be the 20th I'll still try to make it but it will require "special permission"

Thanks!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    Hillslug

Your 40 mile route goes right by my old house in Bethesda. Give it a wave for me when you go by -corner of Bradley & Fernwood.

I notice your Bikely routes are metric. Is there a way to change to miles?
    I thought I had the default as miles. Anyhoo, there's a radio button you should be able to click to change it to miles.
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Quote Originally Posted by withm View Post
    I notice your Bikely routes are metric. Is there a way to change to miles?
    withm, the button Nicole mentioned is in the explore/welcome frame that allows you to choose km or mi. It should be down below the arrows that you use to navigate through the route.

Nicole, I think the 13th was nixed because it's Mother's Day. I've got family visiting over Memorial Day weekend, so I can't do that day. (What's with all the holidays/special days in May, anyway?) Do we want to postpone this until June?
    Last edited by Kalidurga; 05-02-2007 at 05:40 PM.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

How about those of us who don't have Mother's Day obligations ride on May 13? We can plan another ride in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    withm, the button Nicole mentioned is in the explore/welcome frame that allows you to choose km or mi. It should be down below the arrows that you use to navigate through the route.

Found it. Thanks.

I think I could do the 13th. I won't be heading up to CT for mom's day (or FLA for the MIL), and I know my fur-kids don't have breakfast in bed planned for me. But the 12th might be better for me, so I could do the shop ride on the 13th. I think we're taking this Sunday off from that ride, so we'll be due back (or else they'll start talking! ).

The 12th looks OK for me.
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er

So....what happened?
    Has the May TE-DC ride collapsed?

I'm up for something on the 12th, so is Nicole.
    I'd prefer not to do a ride on the 13th.
    I can't do the 19th or the 20th.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    So....what happened?
    Has the May TE-DC ride collapsed?

I'm up for something on the 12th, so is Nicole.
    I'd prefer not to do a ride on the 13th.
    I can't do the 19th or the 20th.

Thoughts?
    I was waiting to see if Tam is available on the 12th. I can ride that day, but I don't want to be the snail holding you and Nicole back from riding faster.

Sorry, flew to Florida yesterday morning for a family visit and wasn't able to get on their computer until now.

I'm working on the 12th, but I could do the 13th. Basically, all of my Saturdays for the next several weeks are taken up by either work or cycling events (or both. On Sat. 6/2, I'm working but taking a 2 hr lunch break to Metro down to Clarendon for the CSC race). My Sundays are all open, though (except for this weekend, cause I'm in Florida, and Memorial Day wekend).
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

For some reason, my parents' computer wasn't able to connect to the TE site at all after my post on the 4th. Just got home, so...

Any chance of a May ride at this point? Do we want to aim for June?

Jumping in here late again. Those descriptions are too funny! I think you overestimate my abilities though.

I'm currently doing about a week long suffer-fest in Charlottesville to get back in shape--with finals and whatnot, most of the riding I've done over the past month or so has been a couple weekend races. It's possible I'd be back in time to do a ride on the 13th, but I don't think I'll be back by Sat morning. Then I'm off on the 17th to head home to Georgia for a while. I'll be back mid-June to maybe do a training race and the RFK crit or something. I'll be here till mid-July when I go off to Germany for a couple of weeks. Then I'll be back for the long term finishing my thesis and looking for a job and maybe joining a local racing team since I won't be able to do collegiate anymore.

I went for a ride up the CC trail to MacArthur, down into Glen Echo and back up that hill, then over to Persimmon Tree. I need to get all the cues of the local "Espresso Ride" (I've done it once, but I can't load it into MotionBased without paying them money). Might be a fun thing to do if anyone wants to head a little closer to the District.

FYI, I picked up some info on a MS ride in Charlottesville and over to the Blue Ridge on June 9-10 today. I don't think I'll be back here in time for it, but it looks great (wine country routes). Ride lengths range from 25-100 per day.

Change in plans!

Regina and I enjoyed the mountain biking at Rosaryville so much last weekend that we're going to do it again on Sunday. Anyone else want to join us?

Tam, this might be a good place and time for you to try out your 'cross bike on trails. There are very few logs, only two easy stream crossings, and not very many roots. It's just a lot of fun swoopy up and down trail riding. I think you'd do fine, even before taking a skills clinic.

We're carpooling and meeting at my house at 8:15 on Sunday. Hope you can join us!

I was going to post that a Sunday ride seems to have become a possibility for me again. However, it looks like I may be too late. Tam, would you still like to do a road ride?
    --===--

2011 Trek Mamba 29er