Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've been following WW on my own. I need to lose about 40 lbs. I don't do well on the weekends = DGF doesn't really need to lose weight - eats candy, donuts, etc..., and doesn't like to do anything - i.e. my willpower goes down. Plus I have alot of stress right now - been on worker's comp and trying to go back to work, but don't know if there'll be a job for me - anyways its stressful to say the least. I live in Michigan, where its still winter - 9 degrees(F) at night, we're suppose to get another snow storm Monday night. That all said, I've lost a few lbs. - not as many as I want.
    2011 Specialized Secteur Elite Comp
    2006 Trek 7100

Hey ladies. Can I ever identify with this thread. I was slugging up a hill today when a few other cyclists went whizzing by. I know that it's a little more difficult with 30-40 extra lbs, but I'm hoping I'll get faster if I just keep at it!

I haven't been able to ride for the last 3 days, but finally got back on the bike today. Did a whopping 7 miles (gawd, am I out of shape ) but it felt pretty good, and I tackled a couple of steeper inclines that I had been avoiding like the plague previously. Baby steps...

Way to go!! Hey 7 miles is 7 miles... A lot farther then someone sitting on the couch gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
    Way to go!! Hey 7 miles is 7 miles... A lot farther then someone sitting on the couch gets.
    Yay! Thank you. I need all the encouragement I can get.

I read the daily ride threads and sometimes get a little discouraged at my puny rides. But then I tell myself it took me years to get in the shape I'm currently in, so I can't expect to undo all that overnight.