Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

When first arriving to Japan (and even now a year later) I've gotten some nasty upper respiratory infections because of the different plants and air over here.

When I exercised I was wheezing after and coughing. Talking to the doc I got an inhaler which helped, but I didn't want to be reliant on it all the time. I had never had asthma symptoms before coming over. This really irritated me because I am usually the picture of good health.

I still get the wheezing, but I'm trying to ween myself off the inhaler as well as my daily claritin. I hate taking meds and feel I can survive without (I'm slightly stubborn). So far its been working. I rarely use my inhaler and about once or twice a week take the claritin, even though we have 2 cats and I'm off the charts allergic.

I hope you figure out what is happening! I've really focused on my breathing while I'm running, trying to take deeper more productive breaths instead of short, shallow ones that don't fill my lungs.

Keep us updated, it will be interesting to hear whats going on!

This morning I found this article, it explains the difference between EIA and pursuiter's cough.

http://www.uspharmacist.com/index.as...age=8_1801.htm

I had trouble breathing in "all the way" after both saturday/sunday's double long, hard ride. We've had unusually warm weather and ozone concentrations are high. It tends to irritate. Perhaps you've had high ozone levels too?
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias