Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Oh, that's right! We must commemorate the occasion in a suitably genteel fashion.
    I maybe a tree planting would be in order....

okay... still trying to figure out a way to tag along on this ride (even though its gonna KILL me!)....

What is everyone's best guess on how long we'll be riding and when we might be done w/dinner etc. (a realistic guess please ).... just trying to coordinate w/other stuff I wanted to do over that weekend

Gee, we have us a Social Butterfly !

Well, if we start at 7 am, and figure maybe about 5 hours riding time, perhaps 6 - 7 hours total (depending how much dawdlin' we do at Moscowite and over our peach smoothies at Coffee World) that would get us back into Winters around 1 to 2.

Not sure what time Steady Eddy's closes this time of year, I'd be up for going there afterwards if it's still open, but the pizza place is a good standby.

Doesn't the Putah Creek Cafe open fairly late afternoon, or am I confusing it with someplace else?

Oh and Trac', it won't kill you, I promise ! I had a bit of an achey back last time we did this ride, and there was a very easy bailout option to avoid Cantelow.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Gee, we have us a Social Butterfly !

Well, if we start at 7 am, and figure maybe about 5 hours riding time, perhaps 6 - 7 hours total (depending how much dawdlin' we do at Moscowite and over our peach smoothies at Coffee World) that would get us back into Winters around 1 to 2.

Not sure what time Steady Eddy's closes this time of year, I'd be up for going there afterwards if it's still open, but the pizza place is a good standby.

Doesn't the Putah Creek Cafe open fairly late afternoon, or am I confusing it with someplace else?

Oh and Trac', it won't kill you, I promise ! I had a bit of an achey back last time we did this ride, and there was a very easy bailout option to avoid Cantelow.
    7 huh? UGH!!!!! We'll probably go if we're gonna be done that early... 'course that means we have to leave at 4 or before I'll go find the last report and see which bike I should bring

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost View Post
    7 huh? UGH!!!!! We'll probably go if we're gonna be done that early... 'course that means we have to leave at 4 or before I'll go find the last report and see which bike I should bring
    I don't think 7 has been settled on, that was just the time we started last year. Perhaps Madame Organizer will want to start later this year since we have some folks coming from the hills over yonder ?

But Tracy, considering the ride you have planned for Memorial Day, this one should be a piece of cake.

We need to be climbing Cantelow early due to the heat and the boat traffic. Best to be going up with the Dble Century folks. 7 would be ideal for this.

Can yawl manage? We really want you along!

SK
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

But Tracy, considering the ride you have planned for Memorial Day, this one should be a piece of cake.

I said I'd do that ride fully knowing that I can cut a big chunk of climbing out by going down skyline... it is a ride WAY over my head...

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    We need to be climbing Cantelow early due to the heat and the boat traffic. Best to be going up with the Dble Century folks. 7 would be ideal for this.

Can yawl manage? We really want you along!

SK
    Yup, we'll be there....

SK... can I get an address or directions to the starting point... I know its in Winters but I've never been there before hee hee hee!!!! I'm so excited to get to do this ride!!!!!

Excellent !

Kewl.

Try this map for the Purah Creek Cafe or google directions for 1 Main Street, Winters, CA. The parking lot is directly across the street to the east. Look for Steady Eddy's Cafe on the far side of the parking lot (and Jo inside).

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8...l=en&tab=wl&q=

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Kewl.

Try this map for the Purah Creek Cafe or google directions for 1 Main Street, Winters, CA. The parking lot is directly across the street to the east. Look for Steady Eddy's Cafe on the far side of the parking lot (and Jo inside).

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8...l=en&tab=wl&q=
    Thankyaverymuch! Looking forward to it!!!!

Ms. Wizeguy up there meant Putah Creek Cafe.

And yes, I'll be with Lee in Steady Eddy's, with Trekhawk no doubt (since we're all compulsively early types)

Hey! I'm not on the road yet! I can hear you.

Good thing I didn't just leave of the h.