Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I would be available on any of these dates:

Saturday, June 1st
    Sunday, June 2nd
    Sunday, June 17th
    Saturday June 30th

I am also a school teacher and my last day of school is Tuesday, June 19th, which makes me available on weekdays after that.

So if a group wants to get together sometime other than the weekends, I would be available.

I am one of the slow bikers - I would probably bike around 10-12 mph, as long as it wasn't too hilly.

How far would people want to go?

Lynette

How is June 30th looking for everyone?

I'm looking at possibly 30 - 40 miles, with a stop for lunch at one of the small restaurants along the way, riding at our own pace with a couple of meeting places along the way (I'm no speed demon, myself)...

I think our abilities run the gammit...I want this to be a pleasant experience for us all...a chance for us all to meet, get to know each other, enjoy each other's company, share ideas...as well as experience part of the century route...

I await your feedback!
    Carolyn

Saturday, June 30th works for me!

Count me in.

And the distance sounds great, as does the break for lunch.

I am very excited to meet everyone!

Lynette

I just made up a northeast CT cycling group in my email program.

In it I have the following people:

Me
    Deb
    Carolyn
    Louise (Carolyn's sister)
    Trish
    Janlyn
    Marcia

If anyone else wants to be included, just send me a PM with your email address.

I will send out an email letting everyone know that we are putting together a group to bike part of TFCE ride on June 30th, with a stop for lunch. Approximate distance will be 30-40 miles.

Hope everyone can make it.

Lynette

Hi all..
    Saturday, June 30th sounds great! Just let me know the time and place to meet and I'm sure it will be alot of fun.. looking foward to lunch too!

Can't wait..

By the way....I'm definitely not in another stratosphere. I still have trouble with the climbs. It's the flats that I pick up my speed. It will be nice to ride with other women.

I just finished the NBW Uxbridge ride this morning....talk about hills. I had to shorten the ride to 30 miles instead of 50! Anyone do it?

Deb

Hi Deb,
    I'm looking forward to biking with you on the 30th! I think we're all going to have a blast!

Last week I sent in my membership to NBW, but didn't want to do my first ride on a route like Uxbridge...Hills are a killer for me...I can move along pretty well on the flat, but even "rolling" hills can slow me down to almost nothing...now I know I made the right decision! Actually, I'll be doing my first NBW ride on June 10th...the Scramble Metric that starts in Seekonk. They are having a beginner ride, and I figured that would be a good place to start with the club, as I have never ridden with a group before, except for the MS ride on Martha's Vineyard. I will also be able to gauge where I stand ability-wise. Will you be at that ride?

Bikeworks in Swansea (my LBS) is also putting together a women's group, possibly starting on Saturday, if you are interested.
    Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,
    I won't be doing the 6/10 ride because I will be in the Pocono's for the Nascar - Pocono 500. I am a Nascar nut! One day I'd love to drive those cars.
    I am hoping to do the Tiverton 50, I did it last year and it was a nice course.
    Will you be joining the ladies group out of Bike Works?
    I would be interested in it on another date but the next two Saturday's are booked. Let me know if you'll be doing the Tiverton ride.

Have fun, keep riding
    Deb

Talking A Great Day Had By All!

(This is also posted under the General Discussion, June 30 Ride Report)

A group of us got together today and rode part (41 miles) of The Flattest Century of the East (not), starting at UMassDartmouth, and meandering through Dartmouth and Westport. We are from Connecticut and Massachusetts, thus our team name MassConnFusion....had perfect weather, beautiful scenery, and did 3 rest stops: the Lloyd Center Nature Center, where we admired the view and said hello to the turtles, Bayside Restaurant, where we ate outside and admired the view of Buzzard's Bay and the Elizabeth Islands, and Wood's Veggie Stand, where my sister chatted with the chickens. We all rode at our own pace, chatted, laughed, got to know each other, and basically enjoyed ourselves. Oh, and all except one rider are TE members!

We were also joined by drijo and her friend at the start of the ride, but we didn't see them after the start...sorry...we were looking for you at the rest stops...

We are all signed up to ride the century in September...it ought to be an interesting day! Here is a picture of us together: From left to right, Deb, Janlyn, Lynette, Bet, Carolyn, Louise
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6300107 copy.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	3655  

Thumbs up

Awesome photo, Sis! Except it really doesn't do our fitness and beauty justice! Tee hee!

It was an beautiful ride! I especially loved sprinting around the Dartmouth campus for an extra 4 miles. Do they run criteriums there? It would be a great race track.

Best part of my ride: When I passed the group of women on the hill and called out hello to each of them, and one of them said, "How do you do that?" YEAH, BABY!! That's what I'm talking about! It's been a long time coming!

And, here is my self-serving quote of the day. I hope all TE women get as much pleasure out of it as I do:

"I get tired just thinking about driving 45 miles, never mind doing it on a bike."
    --- My ex-husband

Booya!
    Louise
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "You don't really ever have to fall. But kissing the ground is good because you learn you're not going to die if it happens."

-- Jacquie "Alice B. Toeclips" Phelan, former U.S. national champion cyclist

I think that we look cute!!!!

The ride was absolutely glorious. We coined a new phrase called "The Quint Sprint." You see, when Quint41 (aka Louise) is on the flats, she passes every single one of us!

Lynette
    Last edited by Over50Newbie; 07-01-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quint41 View Post

Booya!
    I received mass quantities of enjoyment thank you
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Hi Zen,

Don't you have the "real" Flattest Century in the East in Maryland? If so, could you enlighten us? Maybe it's something MassConnFusion could aim for next year!

Carolyn