Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: triathlon bike

triathlon bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

Would like to get an idea of what bikes you all are using for tri's.

I have been road biking for a while (less than a year) but already love it; however, I am going to start doing some tri's as well.

Am starting to search for a new bike, but I want one that I can use for both road races / centuries and tri's (with some modifications).

Thanks for the advice in advance!!

Laura
    Laura

If you are looking for dual purpose bikes, there are a few out there - Cervelo One or Dual are two that I can think of right away. Do a search on the discussion board of slowtwitch.com and you'll find others, plus recommendations...

~Angie

(The dual is not an inbetween bike. It is a full on triathlon bike.) Cervelo's soloist is also a great choice. It has compact geometry and a reversible seatpost so it is very stable when you have clip-on aerobars attached.

If you already own a road bike look for a tri specific geometry frame, it does ease the transition from ride to run. I ride a Quintana Roo and am very happy with it. For longer ride look in carbon fiber components to dampen road vibration (fork, seat post). QR's allow you to adjust the rear wheel for tri's. Cervelo is also a great tri bike, hope this helps. Biggest issue is being properly fit, and up grade to at least Ultegra components.
    "Aloha"