Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Brooks Saddles

To disable ads, please log-in.

Have you tried a little more upward tilt in the nose? Doesn't have to be much. We find that most leather saddles need to have a slight nose tilt.
    Quote Originally Posted by trickycoolj View Post
    Just got my B17 Imperial in the mail today! It's very nice. Finally got enough energy to put it on the Lexa on the trainer. I'm definitely going to like a leather saddle. The slippery thing is an understatement! I nearly got saddle nose where the sun don't shine not expecting that much slipperiness! LOL!

The jury is definitely still out on whether it's wide enough. Feels good in the drops but in the hoods I find I'm slipping forward with the saddle level so my sit bones are just off the saddle where it starts to curve into the nose. This was fairly typical of my Specialized saddle too (on both road and MTB). I have the saddle pushed all the way forward so I'm not sure if this might be an issue outside of the saddle. A friend remarked my stem seemed short. Maybe I need to correct some posture? Hopefully I'll have time to really test this saddle out this weekend and see where I'm at and whether I need the B68 Imperial.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Thinking of moving up to a Brooks, Psyclepath loves them.-
    Trying to figure which one- After a small amount of research on Brooks website it looks like the B17S Imperial would be a good choice.
    I have a 2011 Trek Madone 5.2- When I bought it the shop put on the WSD version of the OEM Bontrager saddle . . . I've put abut 1000 miles on it and lately have been having some discomfort with the girly bits.
    Suggestions and input welcome!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

I have a Brooks!!

I sorted roughly 45,000 Magic:The Gathering cards for the boys, in exchange for the promise of $300. We've been repeatedly having to postpone payment due to moving, unexpected car expenses, etc. But, during our move, I noticed the stock seat on my Schwinn Gateway (it's ok kitty, I love this cheap bike) was cracking faster than I expected- not only under my left sitbone, but now on the nose too. So, I was poking around on Amazon drooling over the Apple Green Brooks B17. My roommate walked by, and promptly ordered it for me. It arrived a few days ago and I just put it on my bike.

It is SO PRETTY!

A very quick jaunt down the alley and back seems promising- The Brooks is so vastly different from the stock saddle. The seatpost had to be raised a full 1.25 inches higher, the Brooks is WAY narrower, but seems similar in length. I can't tell if my sitbones are too wide for it or not at this point- a longer ride is necessary. I definitely felt them on the saddle, but it seemed to be near the outside curve-edge. The nose seemed very long, but I think that's due to it being so narrow.

Maybe now I can have jeans that don't get worn through on the inner thigh in a spot so high that the jeans can't even survive longer by becoming shorts! They are ok for around the house, but so short the shorts are not decent for work (and not because they aren't hemmed properly).

Here it a picture outside with white paper held up for contrast, in case anyone wondered about the shade of green

The guys at schwinnbikes.net mentioned that I have the seat clamp on backwards- the post is on the rearward side of things instead of towards the nose of the seat. Maybe that could be a solution for those who can't adjust their seat enough forward/back on the rails to get just an teeny bit of extra movement? I'm going to leave mine as-is and see if it works before I "correct" it.
    Last edited by redeyedtreefr0g; 10-26-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Good job, you'll have to keep us posted. I would have steered you toward a Brooks B67, as on your bike you sit more upright thus saddle contact is different that it is when using drop bars but as long as the saddle is comfortable who cares
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com