Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Brooks Saddles

pings

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does anyone have a "trick" for making the B67s stop pinging? I remember reading that KnottedYet had the same thing happen with her sprung saddle. It makes a creaking and pinging noise, sometimes. I love the saddle so much, that even if I can't silence it I'm keeping it. I was just curious if this is something that will fade away with use, or if I can do something to make it stop.
    My best guess would to maybe put a little chain lube or something similar at the bottom of the coils where the contact points are. Maybe it will go away with time once the saddle is fully broken in???

you can call Wallbikes and ask them what to do. YOu can search here in this forum and probably find directions..
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

My B67s did that until I put a few drops of light machine oil on the nose tensioning bolt. Get an oil bottle with the long straw-like applicator. Be careful not to get it on the leather. The noises almost drove me crazy. After the oiling, it went away and never came back.

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

hi i guess this thread has been quiet. seems like a good place for me to ask some questions and i guess if this turns out not to be the right place i can start a new thread.

i think i am going to be getting a brooks soon. i need to make some play dough and measure my sit bones again but right now i am thinking a B.17 but yeah going to measure sit bones one more time before i am certain. going to get it from wallbike so i can exchange it if it is the wrong one

what i am pondering is laces? it seems like they make a seat firmer? i like how they look. anyone here have a saddle that has laces? any thoughts on saddles with laces versus saddles with none?

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Hi Moonfroggy,
    My B68 is so perfect for me that I wouldn't want to try anything different on it like lacing. My 2 Brooks (without laces) couldn't get any firmer I think.
    So sorry, i have no experience with laced Brooks. Hopefully someone else here will have some experience with them and some input... I did want to answer though so you at least know folks are reading your question.
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As far as i know it was a cheap solution for a saddle that has become (too) soft and by working with laces the firmness was back.

That is what i know.

so the laced saddles at wallbikes is it just aesthetics now that they sell them? because i like how they look.

so i emailed and asked about the laced saddle and i got a reply! i love how helpful they are at wallingford

this is what they said
    The leather on the pre-aged saddles has been treated to make it more flexible. The lacing helps this softer saddle keep its shape.
    Pi - 2010 Luna Orbit / brooks 68 imperial
    Fish - 2009 Marin Bear Valley/ brooks 68
    Trixie - BMX / to be decided

Ordered a B17 s last week from Wallbike. Came in the mail today. DH tried to install it, but he said it is too short so he can't put it far enough back. BUMMER!!!! I emailed Bill with a few questions. Hope he gets back to me soon. I want to exchange the B17s, probably for the B17. Will wait and see what Bill has to say.

For those of you who have the Team Pro, do you spend much time in the drops? So far, I spend 0 time in the drops. Still trying to find out which saddle would be best for me.

My sit bones measure 150mm center to center. I am a fairly casual rider, but I am training for a century and am riding 60 to 100 miles a weekend. My biggest problem with comfort is width of the saddle and "girly bits," smushness.

Any nudge in the right direction would be helpful.
    Trek Madone - 5.5 -Brooks B-17

Trek 2.1 WSD - Brooks - B-17 - Trainer bike;

Gary Fisher - Tassajara (MTB) - Specialized Ariel

I was only able to use my S saddle (B67S) on my Kona with an extra setback seatpost the Velo Orange Grand Cru. My next Brooks will probably be a standard (not women-specific) saddle.

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

I did the wood bench test and there was a slight squish, barely noticable. Thought the Team Pro S would be ok and it ended up being terribly painful with the bits. Exchanged it for the B17 Imperial, what a difference!

Also, started out with the S model, way too short rails. Couldn't go back far enough and it felt like the seat had no nose, felt weird. Made sure the B17 Imperial was regular and it's so much better.

As for drops, didn't even try it with the pro. Too painful to lean down any more.

Got mine from Wallbikes too, awesome customer service!

After doing lots of reading here on TE, I just ordered the B17 Imperial from Wallbikes. Like the return guarantee - how can you go wrong with that? Hope to receive early next week!
    200x Electra Townie 24D/Brooks B67

Got my saddle today, put it on the bike and did a short bit on the trainer (had already run and done ab work, so wasn't fresh-legged). Out of the box it felt tons better than the stock saddle I had. Hoping it is a good start! Didn't expect the saddle until Monday (per UPS website) so wanted to hug the cute UPS guy when he delivered today. Fortunately (for him), I just smiled and thanked him.

Update: I love my Brooks saddle!!!!!

Congrats on the new saddle, Kerry!
    I am waiting on my new Imperial B68.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi