Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Does anyone else have this problem?

To disable ads, please log-in.

For some reason, I have the hardest time keeping my feet on the pedals. I go for a short and not-too-difficult singletrack ride, and at least once on the trail, I lose a pedal and (often enough) get shin-smacked, which with metal pedal cages has led to gory messes all over my socks, etc. My husband and I can't really figure out what it is I do wrong, except that it *could* be that I pedal to get my speed up without realizing it, hit a bump and lose the pedal... Anyone else have this problem or any solutions? (looking forward to getting my shoes/clips for the *awesome* pedals Surlygirl sent. *props!*
    Walking SUCKS. I am not a biped, I am a velocipede!!

Ouch! I remember that pain. It only took a couple outings on the rocky trails of Phoenix to convince me to at least put toe clips on the pedals. That helped keep the feet on the pedals, but it was so hard to get into the toe clips while rolling, and the clips would snag rocks and throw me off line until I'd finally get the pedal flipped. Finally I got smart enough and brave enough to try the clipless pedals. They are worth the expense and the learning curve. Make the change-you won't regret it!

what Jan said. OTOH, my pal who rides with flats wears leg protection 100% of the time to prevent "injury"

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM