Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

April 29 Ride, Wellesley

To disable ads, please log-in.

New England Ladies,

We have an excuse to get together and ride, because Triskeliongirl is coming up from Texas and bringing her S&S coupled bike. What works for her is a morning ride on Sunday April 29 leaving from Wellesley College. I agreed to organize, and I used to live in Wellesley, so I can probably figure out a route, but suggestions are also welcome. If you can participate, please post here and let us know your preferences (distance, hills, etc) and time constraints. Hope to see a bunch of you then.

DebW
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Wellesley ride

Please count me in, I live approx 1 mile from the college.

I like to ride down the narrow road which takes you to to rt 16, I think it is "pond road" not sure, I take 16 to Sherbon, a right on 27 to Natick, a right on cottage street that takes you back to 16, and return to Wellesley.

My 2 cents.

I probably can come, but it would have to be in the AM. Haven't done a lot of riding in that area, but what I've done was in areas with a bit too much traffic for me; I would prefer to stay out of the center of town, etc. I find that the closer you get to Boston, the worse the drivers are. Of course, don't base your route on me. I may have to be testing a route that i am leading the next week on that day, but I am hoping to do that Saturday.
    I will PM you at the end of next week.

Robyn

Thank you guys sooo much for organizing this! My daughter is a student at Wellesley and I know they have visitor parking at the college you guys can use. I am very excited about getting to meet you all!

Details

Does a 9 am meeting time suit everyone? I need to be in northeast Wellesley by 11:30 for a canoe race. I can also do 9:30 if a 1.5 hour ride is long enough for everyone.

Directions to Wellesley College can be found here.

http://www.wellesley.edu/Admin/travel.html

Visitor parking is in the Davis Parking Facility, immediately to the right after the main campus entrance off Rt. 135. Let's meet outside the parking garage, which I believe is in front of the Wang Campus Center. Anyone who knows the area better, please correct me as I've only been there once since Wang was built.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

9 am sounds great, as does the meeting point. I am looking forward to meeting you guys! Lets just hope the weather cooperates now.

Deb and Trisk,
    I am not going to be able to make this. I just have too much planned for next weekend. It sounds like fun; take pictures.

Robyn

Future Wellesley rides

Hi Ladies

I live in Wellesley on Washington st. accross from the clock tower. If you all ever want to do another Wellesley/Dover ride, I'd be happy to be hostess, we have parking behind my building because there is a restaurant next door.

I ride alot in Dover, know a few of the back roads. There is also some nice mountain biking at a park called Noanet woodlands.

Something to keep in mind

Joan
    Crediamo in te, bici!

Hi Joan- I hope you can you join us on sunday! -e

QUOTE=ChainsOflove;194501]Hi Ladies

I live in Wellesley on Washington st. accross from the clock tower. If you all ever want to do another Wellesley/Dover ride, I'd be happy to be hostess, we have parking behind my building because there is a restaurant next door.

I ride alot in Dover, know a few of the back roads. There is also some nice mountain biking at a park called Noanet woodlands.

Something to keep in mind

Joan[/QUOTE]

sorry, am going to a race

Hey Lion Girl
    On sunday the 9th I am supporting a racer at the Palmer road race, so I will not be home. I hope it doesn't rain for you guys!

Hopefully another time!

Joan
    Crediamo in te, bici!

Hope to be able to join you folks tomorrow morning, I'll be riding over from Norwood, don't wait past 9 for me, it will mean I had a flat. I alway take my time fixing flats.

Well I am here and the bike is assembled (phew it was tough the first time!) and I am looking forward to meeting everyone! Lets just hope the weather cooperates!