Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have my route sheet somewhere ... I'll see if I can dig it up and scan it for you. It would have to be next week though.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

That would be awesome! Thanks.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Wow, Deanna, that TT looks amazing. Can anyone show up for it?
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Are we talking about a get-together meal before the ride, or one after? Or both? (I'd be up for both or either, of course!)
    Keep calm and carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Wow, Deanna, that TT looks amazing. Can anyone show up for it?
    YES!!! It's an SRCC club ride. Non-club members sign a token waiver (insurance companies ). It's free and casual, though a lot of the racers do show up. You do have to do that top part of Pine Flat.

To keep this from being complete thread drift, I'm good for a get together the PM before or the PM after the century.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Deanna - your PFC link says July 22, and Healdsburg is July 21.

Am I missing something....? Shouldn't be any additional significant rider traffic due to the ride. And I've got something I am doing July 22, so I can't go if it is 7/22 - I may tell DH about the PFC though.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

oops, you're right. I had 21st in my head because that was the day we planned on doing it, but there was an SRCC calendar conflict.

Heads UP! Busy weekend!!

Just a heads up for those of you that have not gotten a room up there yet. The Vineman (Kona qualifier so it's sold out) triathlon is that weekend as well. I would imagine getting a room is going to be a bit hard- or pricey. Also keep in mind that the traffic will be NUTS that weekend with two events going on. OY!

Yikes!

Yikes! Two big events. To those participating, please spread the word to your fellow riders who aren't as road savvy as us TE'rs to obey the rules of the road. Being on the board of the local coalition, I was recently made aware that after the last WCC (lots of pirate riders swelled the number of riders on the roads) some agencies are considering putting restrictions and requiring use permits (like they require for a PARADE ). Unfortunately, HHC is the first to get some heat about this (fortunately, they won't be able to change the regulations in time to derail the ride).

Ya, there's also some hockey conference or something up there that weekend too...
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

Is it a bad thing that even though I'm not riding this year, I am sooo looking forward to this weekend away!

Who's staying where?

Who's staying over Friday and Saturday?

Do Margaritas and Ibuprofen mix?

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Is it a bad thing that even though I'm not riding this year, I am sooo looking forward to this weekend away!

Who's staying where?

Who's staying over Friday and Saturday?

Do Margaritas and Ibuprofen mix?
    we're at the HIExpress Santa Rosa both Friday/Saturday nights.... can do after ride dinner but will probably get up there too late for friday night

We're at the Ramada Santa Rosa (same place as Jobob) for Friday and Saturday nights. The plan is to get there Friday at about 3 pm, before traffic gets too nasty.

Any plans in the works yet for gatherings before and/or after the ride?

And Snap, in my experience, Ibuprofen and Margaritas definitely mix!
    Keep calm and carry on...

Not that you all who are riding will want to do either of these before a big ride, but there's a couple of fun things going on up in this area Friday evening that I'm considering:

1. A flat, casual time trial: http://www.winecountrytimetrial.com/
    2. My husbands band is playing in Healdsburg: http://www.pulsators.com/

I'm not sure when the LeeBob and I will make it up there - probably early evening.

Would 7 pm be too late for dinner?

I was thinking of maybe the Puerto Vallarta again, home of the infamous "what happens in Santa Rosa does not necessarily stay in Santa Rosa" Cinco de Mayo celebration. It has the advantages of (a) good food, (b) great margaritas, and (c) really close to the Ramada/HI Express.

But I'd be open to other suggetions as well. There's a nice little Italian restaurant called Lo Coco's in the Historic Railroad district downtown, but the last time LB and I went there it was really noisy and crowded and service took FOR-EVER. I think it's become a victim of it's own success.

What do the rest of you think?

- Jo.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl