Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Kitchener-Ottawa via Highway #7

To disable ads, please log-in.

Any long distance riders here familiar with using highway #7? I am looking at the map from Kitchener to Ottawa and it looks fairly straight forward. However--is it a sane road to be on? Thanx!

Hi - not sure if you have completed your ride btwn Kitchner - Ottawa, but considering that Hwy 7 is not a good hwy to drive on, I can't imagine cycling along it. Hwy 7 is predominantly single lane (e.g. one lane each way) highway and is not divided. There are a lot of tourists and motor-homes on the Hwy in the summer - and lots of crazy drivers. I don't know what it is about Hwy 7 - probably the lack of passing lanes, but there is a lot of bad driving out there. I would try to pick a less trafficed route (maybe secondary roads rather than Hwys?) - but that will very likely increase your mileage. I would also drop into your local bike shop in Ontario and ask the roadies for a less traffic'd route. They can probably help you out.

Well, hope this helps. Sorry I do not have an alternate route in my head, but I would be scared to ride on Hwy 7!

Cheers,

sjc

That Kitchener-Ottawa route

MUCH appreciated for your response! I will seek out alternate roads that run close in the same direction.