Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Jersey size....

Angry Jersey size....

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am new to this BB. I figured this may be a good place to get some help on this subject.

I am just about turning the big 40 (although I act a lot younger). My problem is jersey sizing. I currently wear a size 14/16. I have a size 38 bust and a 40" waist. The joy of carrying weight on my middle. Most jerseys that are femme fitted obviously don't work. Any suggestions?

Lynda

Thumbs up Women's jerseys

Try the Terry catalog for all sizes of women's jerseys, they even have plus sizes! I bought three of their little Sport jerseys about 6 years ago, and they are still wearing just great! I don't think they carry the Sport anymore, but they have really great quality clothing, no tight hip elastic on the jerseys, and super comfortable. Good luck!
    www.terrybicycles.com
    If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane - Jimmy Buffett

You might try Zoic. They don't have a large selection at all, but I like what they do have. I wear some of their women's stuff and also some of their men's. The Libertee men's Tshirt is super comfortable even if a little plain. They are mountain bike type clothing so it's not skin tight stuff. The best thing about their women's tops (for me anyway) is that they don't have those tight elastic waists!!

BTW, for colder weather their winter line has the most incredibly comfortable tights! The Apex tights are a relaxed fitting tight, not body hugging but not loose and baggy either, made of polartech powerstretch, and have the softest velour pile on the inside. It's like wearing fleece pajamas! http://www.zoic.com

Terry brand carries some excellently sized bike jerseys (available at Team Estrogen).

Look for jerseys that don't have a fitted bottom or an elastic bottom. The plus sizes offered by Terry are excellent in this regard (plenty of room in the midriff area). You might also want to check out some of the Mt. Borah tops. They make some in larger sizes that have a bit of ease through the hips. I have found that their sizing is smaller than what is indicated though (eg. a size 18 is more like a 16).

Hope this helps--
    Jane
    Hey, if *I* can ride my bike every day in Chicago (rain, shine, winter, summer), dragging 100 lbs of kids in a bike trailer, then ANYONE can!!!!