Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My turn :(

My turn :(

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Ladies,

I wasn't gonna post anything about this, but I know all of you have shared your experiences, and I kept saying that I knew my puppy's time was coming soon. It came on Tuesday. We walked down to the end of the street, like we've done every morning for the past 13 years, and he just laid down. He never got up again. The vet at the pet hotel I use came out with a stretcher to move him to his office. My pup is my little pumpkin, but in reality, he's a 120-lb Newfie mix - just a ton of fluffy black fur. They ran all kinds of tests, IV drip all day, xrays and blood work, and they could find no reason. His heart was racing, he was struggling to breath, and after spending the day on the floor at the vets office, the doctor said that it would be cruel to make him continue like that. He never tried to stand up at all that day. I didn't stop petting him or scratching his head all that day, so he died with the most loving he could have asked for. I know he knew I was there, because if I stopped petting him, he would move his paw indicating he wanted more.

I miss him so much. I lost my cat about six years ago, my Mastiff about 2 years ago, and Dizzie was the last of my pets. It's so hard, and I'm really not handling it well - I'll be fine for a while, and then just lose it moments later. The house is so quiet and empty without him, and I don't know what to do when I get home from work or wake up each morning - we went for walks, twice a day, every day, year in, year out.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.

(((((((((Pedal Wench)))))))))
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I think it is a tribute to you that your newfie lived to be 13 - that is great. I know how hard it is to lose a furry family member and it is not a loss that can be ignored or minimized.

I am so, so sorry Pedal_Wench. I wish I could help you with this pain. I too had a dreadful scare these past few days with my Kallie (tortoise shell kitty). She had an extreme asthma attack this weekend and I thought I would loose her. She is not out of the woods yet. I know some people consider our pets as just property, but they are so much more. We give them all the love we would to our two legged friends, even more. They are there for us when we are depressed, giving us the unconditional love that is missing in many of our lives. I am so sorry for your loss...

Awwww.. PW... I feel ya. I lost mine a couple years back and I still miss her.

She was my college dog. Took her to class.. took her to the mtns in the spring.. took her to the snow for the winter... She was a little lady. I'm not sure how she got stuck with me

Anyway.. as I sniffle with ya...

Big hug
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

{{{pedalwench}}}

So glad you were there to pet him.

I am SO sorry for your loss, {{{{{HUGS}}}} it is losing a member of your family and the pain is beyond words. Our little guy is going blind and the vet tells us he doesn't have much time, so I REALLY feel for you. Again I'm sorry {{{{{HUGS}}}}

ahhhhh pedal (((((((hug))))))) it is the 2nd time this week i have had to hug for that reason. It hurts alot I understand totally. And the moments you have when you loose it are our way of dealing with the grief. It is way normal. It sounds like you gave him a full loving life!
    I lost my favorite cat 5 years ago this week. It took me and my dh about a year to get over that. My guy was killed by wondering dogs. It has been seared into my brain and it still hurts bad. I wish I could have watched him grow old. He was 10 but still full of life! Good luck take deep breaths and allow yourself to cry. You will heal.
    We have Bo now and if we had not taken him he's life would not be the same. He needed a good loving home. So I sometimes feel Niko's death opened the door for Bo. I would love to have Nkio by my side don't get me wrong. But Bo is very special too.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

how wonderful that you could spend that day with your dog. And that he continued to ask you for your support. Those are better memories than some.
    You were friends to the very end, and it will take a long time to get over this one!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Pedal_Wench,
    I'm terribly sorry for your loss . I know the pain of losing a family member. Contrary to what many believe, our pets are our family members and their loss is no less difficult. Just remember the amount of love he gave to you and the special bond that you 2 shared. I'm sorry again for your loss and I'm sending healing thoughts your way.

Ohhhh... Pedal Wench.

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Yes, what Mimi said.

Big hugs to you. It will take some time. Just let the tears come.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm so sorry
    ~Jen

My Toys:
    2003 MINI Cooper
    2007 Specialized Dolce

Just Us Girls Triathlon Club

May light perpetual shine upon him. May he bound in joy and race through glory. And may he meet you on the other side.

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

What Pooks said.