Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    RSX is part of the mt bike line of components, though I'm not sure where it fits in the quality scale
    oh, yeah! I think they were somewhere in the "tiagra/105" range for mtn bikes.

I think my kona had an rsx rear derailliuer (sp?) and the front was xt . does shimano still use the same "names" for mtn bike components that they used in the 1990's?

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    RSX is part of the mt bike line of components, though I'm not sure where it fits in the quality scale
    i had bike with RSX - it was a road group (my first bike with STIs)- but low end - think Sora . It came as both 7 and 8 -speed . I had a 7 -worked fine

There are 3 of us, we all like steel, we're all the same size, OH NO, MUST HAVE IT!!!!

Let's just buy it, and share custody...

(I even like the color, and it has the same components as my old Trek, which I sold and never should have. Peachy keen!)
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 05-03-2007 at 11:15 PM.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Still no bids. I don't do eBay. Do most people wait until the last minute to place bids? Do sellers ever lower their minimum bid?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Still no bids. I don't do eBay. Do most people wait until the last minute to place bids? Do sellers ever lower their minimum bid?
    i recently sold some stuff on e-bay for the first time (usually a buyer). The stuff I sold did not get bids until the last hour or two, then there was a frenzy the last few minutes.

Knot, sometimes when something does not sell, the seller drops the bid.
    Also, if something is on reserve for say, 200 dollars, if you bid 150 they might contact you later to see if you'd like to buy.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Usually it is a last minute frenzy, but I noticed it now has a bid!
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Quote Originally Posted by uforgot View Post
    Usually it is a last minute frenzy, but I noticed it now has a bid!
    NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

(Knot scurries around trying to scrounge up $301.... )
    (Knot begins chanting her new mantra: I don't need another bike, I don't need another bike, even if I do get a better job soon, I don't need another bike)
    (Knot begins hyperventilating slightly)

I won't be bidding on it. It may be a great bike, but it's not the only Aurora out there, and one of the things I love about the current bike is its copper color. I wouldn't base a decision to buy solely on that, but considering I have yet to determine for sure what size I need and I do have that trip to Hawaii to pay for -- I think it's just not the time or bike for me!

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

Hey, bike color is important! Hopefully Jamis won't change it next year. (It was copper last year, too. Very pretty.)

I'm just amazed at how much difficulty you're having finding an Aurora to try out. Come to Seattle, we've got at least two bike shops near me that carry it! (TiCycles and Free Range Cycles)

Have you ridden a Surly Long Haul Trucker? Trek and I saw one at my LBS and thought of you. (this is the same shop with the Salsa Casaroll. They really like steel bikes)

Here's a little eyecandy: http://www.somafab.com/speedsterplus.html
    Last edited by KnottedYet; 05-05-2007 at 08:32 AM.

Flossie's big sister/brother?

waterford
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Quote Originally Posted by uforgot View Post
    Flossie's big sister/brother?

waterford

Yeah, I thought that, too! It was startling to see "my" bike!