Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What can YOU do with your toes?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'd been having some really bad pain in the ball of my foot, so went to the chiro. She said my foot and ankle were so immobile, it seemed like they'd been in a cast (understandable, since I've been limping for 5 months because of my knee injury), that I was not using my toes to walk, and therefore putting all my weight on the ball of my foot. She did an adjustment on my feet/toes, and it worked like magic. She said to avoid the pain, I have to get the toes actually working. So I'm doing exercises- picking up and holding a pencil with my toes, and trying to grab a towel with my toes. It is sooo hard, my toes barely work. Can you guys do this stuff? I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to. The towel exercise is number 6 below:

http://www.comfortshoe.com/foot_exercises_.htm

Yep, quite easily. In fact it used to drive an aunt of mine nuts when I was living with her. If I saw something small on the floor I would pick it up with my toes and bring it up to my hand. She couldn't understand why I didn't just bend over and pick it up with my hand. I couldn't understand why it made her so mad that I did that.

I would have explained to the poor aunt that the reason you don't bend over is that it's a long way down to the floor for your hand. Your foot is already there. So...you use your foot. Duh. (I don't know how people put up with me.)

I used to be reasonably good at tossing pebbles about with my feet. Now that has to be good exercise.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Must admit... was a little afraid when I saw the title of this thread. I thought "oh no! TE is going to the dark side."

But then I read it. Whew!

My toes are useless little blobs on the end of my feet. Well, not completely useless... they do assist with what little balance I have when standing

spazzdog
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Live long and prosper

I can make the Vulcan "live long and prosper" sign.

Oh! And I can kick them with much force into any immoveable piece of furniture in the house.

Since I have very long toes, I can cross my Big toe over the next toe (What do you call it,the pointer toe?)

That would be your "flippin' the bird" toe.

spazzdog
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

2-pound toe curls

I tend to wear a lot of chunky flip-flops, the platform kind with about two pounds of rubber on the bottom (Us shorties need all the help we can get). Very good toe exercise, curling the toes with each step so the shoe doesn't fly off and become a weapon.

Maybe paint the toenails a pretty color, and adorn the second toe with a toe ring so as to make them more sparkly and fun to do exercises with?

I really hope there are no foot fetish lurkers around...

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose ...” -- Dr. Seuss

Life's an adventure! http://www.lovenewsjh.blogspot.com

when i was in my teens, I could write with my feet (holding a pencil)
    and do all sorts of prehensile things with my toes.
    I was stunned at how hard some of those exercises have become!
    and DH thought i was nuts, but that's normal.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I used to pick up stuff from the floor with my toes too!
    But all my kids can move their individual toes independently; which I regard as a testament to the efficacy of baby massage and a generally Spartan approach to early babyhood. (No Mummy's little darlings in this family!)

DD used her toes to count. Her First Grade teacher caught her counting on her fingers and decided to put a stop to it by asking her to add something like 9 + 8 and was stunned to see the child get up to 10 on her fingers and then continue with her toes!

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

I used to have to do that as well, pick up stuff and write with my toes for a foot deformity.

An Ex-Boyfriend could snap with his toes the way you do it with your fingers (a-one-two-three-four... get it?)
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

That's a great quote, cyclesutra.

You can really use your toes (even in your shoes) with a pair of toe-socks. I'm finding that my legs don't get nearly as heavy/tired at work when I wear my toe-socks, and I think it's because I use my toes more then.

My toes like to be FREE!!!!!!

www.injinji.com
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I pinch my DH with my toes!

wow, very long toes. What is your shoe size?