Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Cheapoair

Cheapoair

To disable ads, please log-in.

Has anyone tried Cheapoair? They have some almost unbelievable prices. I haven't heard much of them but found them on a major search engine for airfare/travel which features several sites to comparison check.

Thanks,
    Quill
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

I haven't. I'd do some web research maybe and see what people have to say. All I can say is be cautious. Not so much like they are scammers but read the fine print very well! While some companies like Travelocity, etc., offer good fares, many of these tickets have a lot of restrictions.

What kind of fares are they offering? And what is the comparison to airline websites and other travel websites??

I think in theory it's great but sometimes customer service and flexibility is lacking.

(airline employee here so I've heard the horror stories!)

A "live" comparison

I just checked this out for a trip we have planned to Maine in July.

First, I tried flying from our small local airport. Cheapoair had us going from Indiana to Memphis, to Detroit(?), to Philly, to Portland with 12 hours of flying time and two airlines! When I tried it again a few minutes ago, it gave a rational two stop itinerary.

So, I changed to a larger origination city and it offered us an option with one stop at a price that was $30 better than the airline's own website,,,with the same restrictions (although cheapoair wasn't specific about the amount of the schedule change penalty).
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

Re: Cheapoair and Priceline

I wanted to update on this as to dispell any possible hints of an endorsement of the company. I looked the company up with the Better Business Bureau and their CEO and Principle is a person who had been under investigation for shady business practices (I knew that name sounded familiar )

I decided the risk outweighed the potential savings.

Now Priceline on the other hand has been great for hotel savings. I hear the savings is great for rental cars too.
    Yes, SHE can.

"Angels fly because they take themselves lightly"
    Gilbert K. Chesterton

I took out pali's sales pitch for Cheapoair, along with the replys. Carry on...

Re

Hey, I just wanted to apologize here..

my intention is not to promote anyone here....all I did is - I shared my experience with you.

anyways - all I can say is - we need to keep our eyes open and take decisions....

all the best....

pali..