Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    Wind gusts to 47mph?!?
    COOL!!!! (How come they don't have a "tongue in cheek" smilie???)

Saturday's looking better (marginally).
    Can anyone make Saturday 11 a.m.?
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I can do this coming Saturday, Sunday, or Monday, whichever one weather permits. If the weather sucks, I'll then be scrambling to make indoor plans so that I won't turn into a couch-potato...
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Saturday morning sounds fine to me.

p.s. My new bike is being delivered tomorrow!

I'll have to pass on Saturday.
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Bummer, Nicole, you can't make it.
    I really think Sunday is going to be a wash-out.
    So..Let's plan for Saturday, 11 a.m., at White's Ferry.
    Off road along the C&O.

Ugh. After the last few days of chilliness, it's gonna be cold Saturday morning. I guess I'm committed now, though, huh? Wonder if I could pick up a slightly warmer bike jacket on sale first thing Saturday morning...

Sorry you can't make it, Nicole I was going to bring you my April issue of Spokes. I'll hold onto it for you till next time.

Regina, if you ever find that "tongue in cheek" smilie, definitely let me know.

Tam (the cold-weather weenie)
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."

I have family commitments on Saturday. Also, I had cataract surgery yesterday and am supposed to take it easy for a few days before I get back into working out. Sunday was already pushing it, but I was going to do it anyway. My eye doctor is a cyclist (he recommended All American Bikes to me for my first bike), knows about my triathlon training, and understands my desire to get back to it with as little down time as possible.

Have a great ride and I'll catch you on the next one!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Wow. You take it easy, Nicole. Let those eyes heal. There will be plenty of other opportunities to ride.
    Tam, it should be near the magical 50 at 11, so once we get moving, you'll be fine. I promise!

Actually, the hourly forecast for ****erson, MD, (darned message board editor...) shows that the "Real Feel" temp will be higher than the forecast. I'm going to bring layers anyway, though, since I'm a weenie. So, Regina, Janice & me at 11:00? Velobambina, we can't coax you to join us? Anyone else?

I second Regina's sentiments, Nicole. That doesn't sound like something to mess around with. It's great that you found a dr who understands why you're driven to get back out there, though!

Wow sounds like yall are going to have fun. Still trying to find Rt 28 from Germantown. Might come cheer you guys on!!

carpool?

Hey, Regina, do you want to carpool out to Whites Ferry? I just looked at mapquest, and it's quite a haul--about an hour from my house. I don't think you live all that far from me, and I can pick you up.

Take care of your eyes, Nicole. My sister just had cataract surgery and it greatly improved her vision. Hope you have the same results.

Dingster, please join us! Looks like it's pretty straightforward from Germantown--route 118 to route 28.

p.s. Got the new bike, but I forgot to order a seat post. Doh! So I'm off to the bike shop tonight. New bike is very, very pretty, a real work of art.

That sounds great, Janice!
    I'll PM you my address and phone #, okay?

Oh....the bike came without a seatpost??

Quote Originally Posted by dingster1 View Post
    Wow sounds like yall are going to have fun. Still trying to find Rt 28 from Germantown. Might come cheer you guys on!!
    If you get on Rte 118 (Germantown Road) heading south from Germantown, it'll run right into Rte 28. You'd then take a right and head up towards the turn-off to Rte 107. Why not join us?

Ugh. I had an exterminator scheduled to come to my house on Monday. When I came home from work today, they had left me a voicemail saying that the tech's not working Monday after all, but that he could come to my place tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon. I wish they had called me at work so I could have talked to them about it, but I'm going to call them at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning to find out what time in the afternoon they're talking about. So, I'll post here to say whether I can make it or not. Depending on what time in the afternoon the guy's coming, I could join you guys at 11 but maybe make my ride shorter than yours.

Damned mice and damned cat with his primitive instincts that he should no longer need to indulge since he's domesticated and well fed...

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    That sounds great, Janice!
    I'll PM you my address and phone #, okay?

Oh....the bike came without a seatpost??
    I didn't order the saddle from Rivendell, so ordering the seatpost slipped through the cracks. No problem, though, I got a very pretty Nitto seatpost from College Park Bicycles.

I'll pm you back re carpooling tomorrow.