Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A bit of positive energy please?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi, ladies!

Sorry to trouble you with this one....but your positive vibes for my DH would be greatly appreciated!! He's having trouble coping with the new job, the total career change, and his confidence is beginning to hit the bottom, and he's not sure he'll ever catch on.

I'm starting to run out of ideas for helping him, and my own energy and butterflies are getting pretty depleted as it is. If you have a wee moment to send him a positive thought, we'd be so grateful!! You ladies really are a wonder to me, and I'm thankful every day that I have you!

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Added him to my thoughts when I do my meditation. I think I read someplace that you were using your mardi gras malas together. That's a great way to draw on each others strengths and feel better.

Hugs.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Good Karma on the way right now.....

Hang in there, Mr LBTC! Big changes are stressful, and questioning your decision is normal. Just hang in there, and things WILL get better...

And LBTC, thoughts to you, too! It's difficult as well to provide support through a difficult decision and time...

SheFly (Management of Change person in my real life...)
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Just hang in MrLBTC, it won't be long 'til things calm down. Just gotta go over the rough mountains to get to the smooth flat path. And LBTC, just words of patience since this is a frustrating time for both of you. Things will get better.

LBTC, hang in there and I hope things will turn around soon. A new job can be very stressful and time consuming. Mabe with experience and time your hubby's job will become easier. Good thing he has you to encourage him.

Good vibes on the way!

In the meantime, get that man on a bike-- he'll feel better in no time!

I am adding Mr. LBTC to my prayers.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Hang in there Mr. LBTC. When I find it is hard to catch on to something usually what happens is "IT IS REALLY HARD !!!!" and then, I get the "AHA" moment when everything falls into place and I say to myself - what was wrong with you?

HOPING that the AHA moment comes soon!

total career change is really rough on a man. Don't lose sight of things and hang in there. We don't need a superstar. Do the best he can and be thankful for the wonderful family he has, YOU.

Take it one day at a time. Learn to unwind in the evening. And do something to laugh together.

my thoughts are with you,
    Shawn

((((LBTC))))
    Good Juju to you and your DH headed your way. Shake those Mardi Gras beads and dance! Should I send you some good N.O. jive? Think "Mardi Gras mambo mambo...."

I agree with Smilingcat - these changes can be harder on a guy. So drag him out to do something to unwind. Is the weather civil to go for a walk after work?

Breathe in the good air, breathe out the stress. in, out, in, out.
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by LBTC View Post
    Hi, ladies!

Sorry to trouble you with this one....but your positive vibes for my DH would be greatly appreciated!! He's having trouble coping with the new job, the total career change, and his confidence is beginning to hit the bottom, and he's not sure he'll ever catch on.

I'm starting to run out of ideas for helping him, and my own energy and butterflies are getting pretty depleted as it is. If you have a wee moment to send him a positive thought, we'd be so grateful!! You ladies really are a wonder to me, and I'm thankful every day that I have you!

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    I'm sending some positive thoughts your way. Having gone through some job changes myself over the years, I feel for both of you. As for "running out of ideas to help him," remember that the biggest help you can give someone is just to listen. In fact, sometimes that's all we can do. I find that men, more than women, are resistent to suggestions/help. They'd often rather retreat to their caves. Take care of yourself as best you can as he goes through this so that you don't get depleted. Your positive energy and outlook will hopefully rub off on him.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    My own DH went through a big career change recently. He said the first few months on the new job were contant hyper-ventilation-verge-of-panic for him. It's like running uphill. I hope your own DH realizes that the learning curve for a new venture can be steep -- so it is like running uphill. But he wouldn't be there if he isn't qualified, capable, and ready to do it. I hope he cuts himself some slack. He'll do fine.

Wishing him a smooth trip over the hump and smooth sailing from here on!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Hang in there. New jobs often feel scary -- and like you'll never get anything right. I've been here less than a year and I'm finally starting to feel comfy. Keep on keepin' on, and it will work out.
    ~ Susie

"Keep plugging along. The finish line is getting closer with every step. When you see it, you won't remember that you are hurting, that anything has gone wrong, or just how slow or fast you are.
    You will just know that you are going to finish and that was what you set out to do."
    -- Michael Pate, "When Big Boys Tri"

It's takes guts to pursue such a change and then the fun begins!

Mr. LBTC, I wish you the best. I've only had two job changes in my professional life. They weren't career changes...just job changes...and in both cases, it took me about 18 months to get comfortable in the job...even though I already knew how to do it!

I encourage you and hope for the best
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers