Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not My Fault

To disable ads, please log-in.

*sob*

There was snow on the ground when I got up, and it is really coming down now. The weather reports says we could get up to 8 inches. Of snow. On the ground. Right now.

The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew--and live through it.

Deb, there WAS something weird coming down when I came to school this morning. But it was clear at 11:00 when I went outside. Now it's raining.

I went to spin this morning and was really bored. The class was good, but now I feel like I am in road shape, it sucks.
    Oh, well I just looked outside and it's "White" coming down...

SheFly, my son is in the Marines. He just started riding again after 3.5 years. his first ride out, he went on a 50 mile club ride and averaged 22! I hate him...
    He's now training for a marathon and runs a 5 minute mile. Oh yea, he also swims, too. He really can't race now, but I suppose it will be something he might get back to, if he ever returns to his "normal" life again. He's going to Iraq in September, so I'm not too happy about that one. Definitely that risk taking personality helped win races.

It's snowing HARD here now. I think I might just drink instead of sitting on the wretched trainer for another night. I was just getting all pumped up, too, with our team race strategy meeting last night...

Robyn - best wishes to your son! He sounds like areal go-getter, and I hope that bodes well for him on his journey.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

The coastal Maine report

No snow yet here in Bar Harbor ---but I know it is on its way. We are supposed to get about 6 inches. I'm very sad to have to do more indoor trainer rides this week but I'll bet this stuff won't be around too long. At least it isn't pitch dark at 4 pm anymore.....

I was at Sunday River last week (Thursday-Saturday) to get some base miles in. My training partner and I rode from Bethel to Erroll, NH via Grafton Notch and back on Friday. The wind was wicked going out but the tailwind was a dream coming back! I love riding in that part of Maine. Anyone plan on riding the Loon Echo Bike Trek in September?

SheFly, are you going to compete in the Maine State Time Trial series this year?
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster." -- Greg LeMond

Ah yes, the April Fool's blizzard. Never fails.

When I lived in Massachusetts, every year right around April 1st (give or take a few days) there'd be a big old yucky snow/sleet/slush storm to really put the kabosh on things.

It usually happened after everyone has taken off their snow tires, and broke out their shorts and other springtime apparel.

It's nature's way of saying "neener".

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Eight inches when I left for work this morning. And still coming down. So here I sit at work, looking out at a winter wonderland, with my ski stuff put away in the closet and my bike gear in my car.

Maybe it was my fault?????
    The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew--and live through it.

Quote Originally Posted by traveller_62 View Post
    I was at Sunday River last week (Thursday-Saturday) to get some base miles in. My training partner and I rode from Bethel to Erroll, NH via Grafton Notch and back on Friday. The wind was wicked going out but the tailwind was a dream coming back! I love riding in that part of Maine. Anyone plan on riding the Loon Echo Bike Trek in September?

SheFly, are you going to compete in the Maine State Time Trial series this year?
    That's a hard core ride for this time of year! I know the Bethel - Errol route really well, and it is a great ride. How were the roads? i would imagine there was still some snow up in the notch... And the headwind going through there can be a bear - at least you had it going out instead of coming back - that's usually our luck.

Not sure on the TT series. Will likely at least do the one in Bethel, and maybe a couple of others. Have to see when the dates are to see what other races are happening at the same time.

SheFly

Quote Originally Posted by telegirl View Post
    Eight inches when I left for work this morning. And still coming down. So here I sit at work, looking out at a winter wonderland, with my ski stuff put away in the closet and my bike gear in my car.

Maybe it was my fault?????
    I'm blaming you .

SheFly

I'm blaming you .

SheFly

I liked hearing about the TT series better....

Quote Originally Posted by SheFly View Post
    I know the Bethel - Errol route really well, and it is a great ride. How were the roads?
    SheFly
    The roads were actually quite good--much better than they are here on the coast -- and there was little traffic. The last time I rode that route it was last September and it poured rain most of the time. I'm hoping to get to ride it at some point on a nice, calm sunny day

One of the Maine TT series races is going to be on Mount Desert Island this year so give a post if you happen to compete in that one.

- traveller

ps- We got over a foot of snow in Bar Harbor on Thursday...about twice as much as had been predicted!
    Last edited by traveller_62; 04-06-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster." -- Greg LeMond