Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Kitsune06 Guest

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yes, this is true. I probably couldn't 'swallowize' my B-17 after I had it an-atomicated....

I'm just thinking, you said Raleighdon's slit molded shut after awhile, I'm wondering if tying it would re-open it and restore it to the original position? When I looked at/felt it, it seemed like the Anatomica's leather was a lot thinner than that of the Brooks. All that said, though... I admit. It's much easier to theorize about such things but I'd be sweating bullets seriously contemplating such things.
    Last edited by Kitsune06; 05-21-2007 at 03:41 PM.

it didn't really "mold" shut, it just sort of shut.. you could pry it open.
    and yes, you could TIE it so that would open, but since it's leather (waterproof or not) it's going to change and stretch over time. Fortunately you are a light weight, AND you're not going to do as many 200 mile rides as Raleighdon does so i think the saddle would be more apt to keep its own shape unless of course you alter it yoursellf
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

On further consideration (and mimi, it had occurred to me that messing with the sides might mess up the slot behavior - that's a good caution!) I have decided to postpone even thinking more about changing my saddle until I have my new bike and have the fit dialed in for it.

I did a little digging on the selle anatomica site and found that the memos they issue to their dealers have a ton of useful adjustment information, so I'll be looking at those very carefully as I'm getting settled on my new bike.
    Keep calm and carry on...

Kitsune06 Guest
    I wonder if it'd be prudent for high-mileage riders to get the clydesdale option?

I owe Knottedyet an apology. She was right and too polite to challenge me.

It says clearly on the website that the selle an-atomica has 3 sizes. How odd is it that when i talked to the guy at expo (who says he is the man who makes them ), what a month ago? did not tell me there were different sizes . I said "I don't like them because this size is too narrow."
    He COULD have said "we're about to start making 3 sizes"

but instead he said something like "95% of the people like that size"

sorry Knot, I guess I am better edujmakated now.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

BikerZ - one of the things I like so much about my Brooks B67 (B66, B68) is that it's already T-shaped. Pear-shapes with the flaring sort of sides like the B17 or the Selle An-Atomica give me.... discomfort.

Terry Sport (not made anymore) had a nice T shape, too. If you've got a used bikes shop nearby see if they have one floating around. They have a nice narrow nose (the cut-out is only in the underlying plastic, so the nose can be much narrower than the current Terry saddles.)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I think the flaring might have been a question of poorly adjusted tension - the sides haven't bothered me at all on the last few rides, and lord knows I've got some big thighs to move past all that saddle!

I'll be on my new bike this weekend (hope, hope, hope!) and I'm curious to see how it all comes together!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Just thought I would mention that I am selling my Brooks B17S saddle here:
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...843#post204843
    I am happy with the ultra-wide B68 I recently got to accomodate my wider sitbones. The B17S was very comfy for me for a year, but I always knew I'd be even better off on a wider saddle.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kitsune06 Guest
    just an update... I threw on a 1/2" spacer and scooched up my saddle (the Brooks) a half-inch. The ride in today was actually pretty nice. The handlebars are probably within a half-inch or an inch of being even with the saddle. I felt much more like I could 'play the piano' so to speak. Still a pain in the azz to have to consciously curve my spine to keep in pelvis-neutral position. How do you do deep belly breathing when you're using your core to hold everything 'together'?

Ideally, I want this bike to be comfy enough to tour on... Yes she's aluminum, but I think... think... think? that I could find a way to tour on her... at least light-load touring. Weekend trips and the like.

Compared to my other saddle, the Brooks is still a touch of heaven, it really is. Now I can still 'knock' on it, but I can squish it down with the heel of my hand, etc... Nice butt dimples, too

The An-Atomica still fascinates me, though.
    Last edited by Kitsune06; 05-24-2007 at 08:13 AM.

After yesterday's ride I realized I hadn't noticed the An-Atomca saddle at all. That was a first.

I don't want to jinx myself, but maybe, after nearly 3000 miles of riding and 7 or 8 (or 9?) saddles, I might have finally found a saddle!

Kit - good luck with youor Brooks, but if it doesn't work out, you might like the An-Atomica.

I got the shipping notice for my an-atomica last night, so now I just have to wait for it to make its way from Wisconson to Memphis via postal mail. I hope it gets here soon- I've currently got about a 40 mile range before everything down there starts hurting.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog