Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

"honey im home......."

To disable ads, please log-in.

TURNED 40 AND BACK FROM MAJORCA!

almost 1000miles,13 bike days and 2.5kg lighter (NOT GOOD)

ravenous and suddenly lost all biking interest...........so..............recovery,do i honour this hungar i seemed to lose whilst away and will i eventaully get the buzz i had that wants to race?

and wind burn,blimey,looks like ive some nasty disease!

wading through all the discussions/work/washing/mail.......
    who is driving your bus?

Hey there Sunshine!
    Glad to have you back... tell us, did you enjoy Majorca? did you have a super time?

Oh... and... !!!!HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

I know you struggle to keep weight on, but no worries, now you are home you can hopefully get that weight back.

The wind burn will be gone in a day or so, and forget the house work... just wander through all the forums - the great thing about housework is it is very patient and will always be there waiting! You don't need to rush to it.

As for the biking interest, you prolly just need a rest for a week or so and then trickle yourself back into it... it'll come back.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Relax!!! No worries...pamper yourself!

Welcome back Sunshine. Indulge, eat, rest. You'll get the bug back in no time. It would be good for you to have an easy week. Recharge your physical and mental batteries.

Take care or yourself.

And yes, please tell us more about MAJORCA!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

HOUSEWORK!?????i meant normal work,people had left stuff on my doorstep to do whilst i was away,GOOD JOB I LIVE IN A SAFE AREA!

um majorca really really windy and sunny and..........positives the tarmac is superb,the views awesome,rode over the mountains to valldemosa and up soller,the pig,luc etc etc,didnt do the usual day of the 3 monastries(lotta climbing)um...........went out with Malcolm Elliot one day and his posse but i have a hunch they were on an easy ride for them!!!

the oranges were to die for,the beds had sheets not douvets!and the cups so terribly small-i have a pint cup of tea at home!,suppose we rode 5 1/2 hrs a day actual pedalling time and had one rest day when i did 3 hrs,shoved in intervals along the way.

Pollencia Park hotel was ace to me,they made me food which i could cope with,but the change in routine and everything made me stall over the eating and it was a relief to be home and stop being a******c.horrid horrid time in that respect,i just wouldnt ALLOW myself.hey ho!

did my yearly accounts,and almost finished the jane tomlinson book WHICH I RECCOMMEND.

met a new bunch of peeps and after 2 weeks worked out the good and bad eggs in life.

am scared and cross re the weight.weight=power and i want to win races so hopefully this is insentive enough,i could say it'll be a hard lonely battle but ive got you lot and above all we do have to taske the reins sometimes and be responsible for ourselves.cant sleep now im home but guess all this will settle down

i treated myself to a pair of new white shorts TART!!!!!

anyway,came back in one piece,unlike one of the lads,a dog ran out in front of him,he broke his leg in 6 places.he went home in plaster.
    roll on summer!
    Last edited by hellosunshine; 03-24-2007 at 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling again
    who is driving your bus?

Welcome back, Sunshine! Rest up, eat hearty, take the work a bit at a time! Sounds like you did enjoy at least parts of the trip, so that's great. Now to just relaxing with yourself for a bit before getting back to training hard again. And, yes, like the other girls have said, your desire for training will return soon enough. Really enjoy this time of rest!!

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Wow, you were obviously lightyears away from where I was in majorca, a different dimension it seems.....

but I've done Valdemossa - Col de Soller last year, it is a beautiful ride. Just I didn't do all the rest you did
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

So where were you, then, alpinerabbit? The mountains are so beautiful, but so are the plains. We moved around...two days in the plains near Montiuri, two days by Port Pollenca so that we could do Cap de Fomentor (?sp?) and the northern mountains and then two days in the east near Porto Cristo. Of course, riding between them. Lots of different scenery (sorry, sunshine, I'm a tortoise, not a hare although we'd be out for 6 hours).

Thanks for the report, sunshine. It brought back fun memories....from the thoughts of mountains, the wwwiiiinnnnddd (eeks, how could I forget the windiest ride of my life!) to the food that....uh...sustained...but didn't quite suffice (I, too, actually lost weight in Mallorca, despite those wonderful oranges and clementines <sigh />).

Glad to see you both enjoyed! Thanks for sharing!

What I meant was how much Hellosunshine can ride... that's a different dimension :-)

we also had windy sunshine. I was in Montuiri too - our hotel (second time we went) was south of Llucmajor on the coast. The Cura monastery is our favorite haunt.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

i kept analysing anyone i thought might be you but sadly noone resembled a tiger bunni on a bike,i kept mentioning to you to the lads- i think they thought i was barmy!
    who is driving your bus?

any pictures?

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."-Moliere

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." -Thomas A. Edison

Shorty's Adventure - Blog

photos-delegate that to alpinerabbit,ive pictures in my mind but never carry or own a camera,just the essentials,pump,inner tube etc etc!
    who is driving your bus?