Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Cracking up...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have not been on here in AGES and I pop on this morning and see a dragging out of one of my old threads. It made me smile.

So I will update. I am not longer racing off road triathlons. I am now raing on the road and have moved up to the half ironman distance. My hubs and I just did Mooseman 70.3 two weeks ago. Our first mdot race and his first 70.3

While we trained together this winter, he lost 10 pounds that he did not need to lose and I gained 3. HA! I love being a girl.

Those few pounds hung around all winter and then disappeared after the race. Go figure.

I think it is even harder to stay on the straight and narrow now that I have moved up to this distance. The long rides and runs make me very hungry. We were very careful this winter to refuel with healthy food.

So four years later...I still have no answers! I shudder to think what will happen to the beast that is my appetite if i make the next step up to a full.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    I have not been on here in AGES and I pop on this morning and see a dragging out of one of my old threads. It made me smile.
    I never looked at the original date on the thread. Funny that it was 5 years old!

Yeah, that monster of an appetite gets hard to deal with while training for a full (for me). You have to eat SO MUCH fruits and veggies to fill up and get enough calories (and sometimes all that eating gets exhausting). Why is it so much easier to fill up on calories with crap food? And when I eat healthy I'm hungry every hour or two. C'est la vie!

Congrats on Mooseman! Way to go you two!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post

Congrats on Mooseman! Way to go you two!!

Tough day, we had horrible weather. Everyone that finished this year is a winner.

So how do glycogen, calories, fat and muscle work together? How do you know if you depleting muscle mass or fat? Does oxygen play a role in this as well?

Great topic.