Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

We got close to 20" of snow here in western Massachusetts.
    We spent hours shoveling and plowing out even though it was mostly powder with a thin crust of sleet on top.

Enough already- bring on the daffodils!!!!!! (And cycling)

Quote Originally Posted by spazzdog View Post
    Sorry... couldn't help myself.

It's been in the high 70's here in Oakland and in the 80's over in San Ramon where I work.

Though you grrls are fabulous, I do NOT miss New England weather at all.

Spazz (puttin on some tanning lotion )
    You are a bad bad woman. For a minute I thought it was
    CorsairMac up to her old taunts. You miss us though right
    How are things out west spazz? Besides sunny, warm and gorgeous.

no complaints Surly... could always use a better source of income, but I'm getting by and the dog has kibble in his bowl.

I miss you peeples... I have no missing at all for the place.

hugs! spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Oh My Back!!!

I can hardly move today.

On pulling up to the house yesterday, we found a driveway that was covered in ice and snow, and all the frozen plow dung at the end of the drive, as you all predicted. After unloading and sliding UP the driveway to the house, it was time for the shovels.

I literally had to take a garden shovel and CHOP the entire driveway so that DH could follow with a shovel to get it all up. With the ice on the top, there was no other effective way to do this. We did have the snowblower working for ahwile, but then it just stopped - leaving us with all of the heavy lifting!

It took us over two hours to clean out, and we're both suffering for it this morning. I REALLY hope this is the end of the snow for the year.

Oh, and to top it all of, I had to ride the stinkin' trainer in the basement yesterday! ACK! Enough of that already...

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by bambu101 View Post
    We got close to 20" of snow here in western Massachusetts.
    We spent hours shoveling and plowing out even though it was mostly powder with a thin crust of sleet on top.

Enough already- bring on the daffodils!!!!!! (And cycling)
    Here's what to do when you have that much snow:
    Enjoy! http://blink.dagbladet.no/nmv/?op=Vi...tentid=1112655
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck on Wheels View Post
    Here's what to do when you have that much snow:
    Enjoy! http://blink.dagbladet.no/nmv/?op=Vi...tentid=1112655
    Not on this snow. It's like cement on top. Doing what that guy did, you'd take lots of speed but the landing would break bones and cause concussions.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

heh, yes, I have 8 inches of bulletproof snow on my deck. My husband yesterday came in and said something like "Remember when you were a kid and could walk on the snow? Well I can walk on the snow." (without breaking the surface)

At least it is supposed to warm up again soon. And spring is only 2 days away!

We went skiing at Pico on Saturday and ended up looking like glazed donuts - covered head to toe in a layer of ice. I was all excited to see the temps this morning, but then watched the newscast and saw that we are supposed to be below zero tonight.

I'm with you, Shefly, I had come to terms with winter being over and looking forward to consistent riding and now this. With ice. On the other hand, Hubby went skiing at Bolton yesterday and said it was the best skiing that he had in VT all year- Some places didn't get that ice coating-

Come on Spring, I know you can do it! Come on!!!! Although I love winter, I'm just ready to get on my bike more consistently.
    The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew--and live through it.

It's working!

Well with absolute minimal shoveling (a little at the end of the driveway where there's a slight incline and I couldn't make it up it in the snow) it's all starting to melt! I could actually see pavement in spots I had driven over that had been ice the last few days.

I'm never shoveling again...
    It's only worth it if you're having fun

Quote Originally Posted by CycleChic06 View Post
    I'm never shoveling again...
    There was a time I though that global warming might solve the shoveling problem, but I had to give up on it when the snow stayed around for months. With March snows, on the other hand, one can truly hope.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

are you kidding me!!!!

The weather report just said we are suppose to have 5 inches of snow here in the Blackstone Valley on Saturday. Will it never end. CorsairMac where are you. Feel my pain girl. The only good news is its suppose to be near 70 by Tuesday. Only in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by Surlygirl View Post
    The weather report just said we are suppose to have 5 inches of snow here in the Blackstone Valley on Saturday. Will it never end. CorsairMac where are you. Feel my pain girl. The only good news is its suppose to be near 70 by Tuesday. Only in New England.
    I'm with you - no kind words for Mother Nature today. Three more great days of riding outside, and now we're supposed to get S*** again... As Deb said, at least in March it goes quick, but the roads have just barely dried up from the last storm...

YIKES!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

I did "normal people" stuff on Sunday (after yoga), even though it was nice enough to ride by later in the PM. If anyone wants to come on our ride this Saturday, it starts at Minuteman Airfield in Stow at 1 PM. It's about 25 miles, with plenty of climbing. Some of you have been on these roads with me before; it should be fun.
    And afterwards we can eat at Nancy's Cafe (or drink wine, have coffee).

Robyn

Angry Only in New England

WEll, it certainly is beautiful this morning... although having over 18" of new snow doesn't excite me a whole lot right now HA!! and the good news is that it is still snowing AGH!! I quess that's why I never put my trainer up... back on it tonight! HA!!

Enjoy everyone!!

I must say, its sort of ironic we had no snow all winter and as soon as spring comes we get dumped on. The ground is white here but I don't think its going to last long. It was sort of pretty this morning.