Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: What I saw

What I saw

To disable ads, please log-in.

My son and I road on the Paint Creek Trail today. It was beautiful out. Not quite 80 degrees and a light breeze to keep us cool. We were stopped, drinking some water when my son spotted an albino deer. I have never seen one before and I have seen ALOT of deer! We also saw 2 does, a crane and a taod that was as big as my fist. What a great day. Hope we can go again tomorrow. The only bummer is that I have to load the bikes up and drive at least 30 minutes to some good trails. I gotta move closer to good riding!

wow! I too see a lot of deer and have never seen an albino. Let's hope it's a good omen (new bike in your future?)

I did see a fawn (tiny little guy with spots) and some miniature horses. Oh and a smushed skunk...love skunks so it makes me sad to see them smushed on the road.

Still no pictures...I take my camera on rides and see NOthing. Then forget the darn thing and all kinds of neat critters appear.

Not exactly biking, but I took my son and friend fishing and a deer came out of the woods and walked in the creek a little way. It was just hanging out, but when the freind picked up his fishing rod, it turned and ran. Can deer see that well? And do they understand about stick shaped things and death? Maybe they are smart..

I dunno, but a few months ago, I got really frustrated by a variety of factors and had myself a good cry on the side of the trail. My husband pointed out a mule deer edging closer. Apparently, it was interested in the sobbing sounds, as it got really close ... right till I stopped crying, at which point it scampered off into the trees.
    monique

Animals are cool!

Re: What I saw

Originally posted by Barb
    when my son spotted an albino deer. I have never seen one before and I have seen ALOT of deer! We also saw 2 does, a crane and a taod that was as big as my fist. What a great day.
    oh how cool! it's times like that you wish you had a small camera with you!

Originally posted by Barb I gotta move closer to good riding!
    i hear ya! we live in the boonies.. so it's pretty much me and hubby and sometimes a couple of bike buddies he has met in town.. (hubby has usually done his long rides alone )

then i get online and read about clubs like orange county wheelmen and the fun looking rides they do EVERY weekend! *pout* unfortunately they are about 2 1/2 3 hours from us...

I saw an otter while riding today on a canal trail. Lots of big birds too, maybe cranes (?) and some Canadian geese. There were wild blackberries that we stopped and munched on. After lunch we drove back out and picked about a quart each. That's when I discovered that there were lots of BIG spiders living in the blackberry bushes!

V.