Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

The ladies on this board have inspired me to do a spot of bicycle commuting here and there and to drive my guzzlermobile as little as possible. I work at home (unless I'm going through a terrible dry spell) but I ride to my volunteer job at PAWS(6.2 miles on a very cushy bike lane) and to the store (1.7 miles through cut-throat shoppers looking for the fastest path into the mall ). I find that it makes me really look forward to going to PAWS and running errands. Oddly, it doesn't seem to take me much longer to bike to these places than it does to get there by car.

$3/gallon ...

As gas prices climb and the desire to look good in summer clothes rears its ugly head, I'm trying to figure out how many days per week I'll try to commute this summer ... here in Wyo. it's so dadgum cold that I can only commit to commuting for six months, May-October.

My commute is 10 miles each way on the country road that's a third gravel, and takes 40-45 minutes each way. If I get on the crazy highway, I ride my road bike the 14 miles each way, and it takes a solid hour.

Right now, I'm going to shoot for commuting on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, three out of five days. I might commute on my mountain bike on Sundays and add a 9-mile mtb loop to the 20-mile commute. But I'm getting a sit-on-top kayak this summer, so now the only question is whether to buy a trailer for my bike so I can drag it to the river...

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose ...” -- Dr. Seuss

Life's an adventure! http://www.lovenewsjh.blogspot.com

It's Bike to Work week in Kelowna this week. I commute a whopping 3.5 km downhill to work (5 min max) and closer to 20 minutes home the same way. Often I do a 20-30 km ride before I go home though.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I just gmap'd my route and it's a whopping 4.5 miles to work and 4.8 miles home (about a half mile less each way if I take the majorly hilly road).

Two blocks.

This is pure laziness. I am pure laziness

Although if you want you can count the two blocks of riding through campus.

But I am riding 10- 11 miles a few times a week and 6 miles another few times.

I would like to surprise my parents by biking to see them. they live 19 miles a way. How did you long commuters start out? I think I have a route, but I don't have a method. Also ater this summer I was thinking of staying with my folks for a little bit unless I find something better (Knotted Yet?). I would like to commute for then. Can you give me any substantial hints?

And also for the long commuters what do you think about your long commute? you probably ride faster than I do so my commute would be longer. I would love to make biking a bigger part of my life. There just aren't too many around here who feel the same way.