Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Joe's Ride, Saturday May 19

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've just signed myself up for Joe's Ride, a local charity event here in Olney, MD. I'm signed up for the 45k ride. There's also a 10k family ride. The event benefits the Joseph Patrick Sanford Memorial Foundation, established for and dedicated to keeping the legacy of Joe Sanford's courage, faith, and compassion for others alive. Joe was a brave and inspiring 10 yr old boy who courageously battled brain cancer for 3 years. The foundation donates both acts of charity and funds to the needs of children who are suffering in various ways and to organizations that touched Joe's life during his battle with cancer.

I'm not sure of the route, but it starts in Olney at the Oakdale Emory Church, 3425 Emory Church Rd., and then heads up into Brookeville and, I think, north towards Damascus or Howard county.

Perhaps you'd consider riding along with me.

Nicole
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Joe's Ride

Hi! I'm excited to find someone else who is doing the ride. I have a hybrid bike that I ride on the weekends, but I've never done any kind of bike race before. Are there beginners that do the race too? I just don't know much about it, so anything you know would be helpful. Thank you!

Welcome to TE.

I don't know the exact route but I have a guess about where they're likely to go. I used to ride a hybrid on these roads last year, when I was new to biking and still getting into shape. If you're in good riding shape, used to doing rolling hills, and able to do 28 miles I'm sure that you'll do well.

When you get a chance, head over to the "Getting to know you" thread in general discussion and tell us about you.

Several of us get together to ride. Keep an eye on the Mid-Atlantic topic and hopefully you can join us.

Nicole
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er