Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

yeah, the balance is tough. I can't generally ride outside during the week, so it's either up at 5 for spinervals or a ride in the dark. the GP has been away this week, but I am hoping to get some outdoor early morning riding when he returns. this is something I wished I had done before the 600, because being comfortable riding in the dark is a skill like any other.

it is tough to get the training in. but I can get by on 2 - 3 hours during the week just to maintain fitness between long rides. you don't need 20 hrs a week, and your weekly training sounds just fine to do longer rides.

I am pretty dull at evening functions, though, since my bedtime is about 9!
    Last edited by maillotpois; 03-14-2007 at 07:36 AM.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    this is something I wished I had done before the 600, because being comfortable riding in the dark is a skill like any other.
    Tell me about it. I tend to feel so, disoriented(?) riding in the dark. I went out this morning well before sunrise to test the light setup on Dusty.

Kim, I've been doing a lot of hills, and that helps a lot.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

OMG, Kim, How can you ask that? You've seen my house.

I'm working under the household pact of (throwing out) "one box a day." Unfortunately, it seems that I am the only one who is doing any throwing. Hey, my knitting is resurfacing.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Jo - do as much riding in the dark as possible. I had really never ridden in the dark - even the doubles I started before dawn were always twilighty - and it's comforting knowing the sun will be up soon. I had a lot of anxiety the first day of the 600 in anticipation of riding at night. it turned out to be okay, but I could have saved myself a lot of stress by practicing it.

riding at night (or 2 am) is peaceful in a way. there was a long somewhat technical descent I had to do and it was so much easier than I expected - like diving into a pool of water - hard to describe.

you'll be glad you did rides like you did today. I am hoping to do one tomorrow. daylight savings is good - dark mornings are perfect for this!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Dang, I should kept my name in the running for that assignment in San Francisco so I could ride w/you guys!

Riding at night is great, by the way. Just make sure you have a good headlamp, tail light and blinkies.