Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle View Post
    Just because you think your little darling is not old enough to go in the men's locker by himself, doesn't mean he's young enough to be in the women's locker room. If he's old enough to leer, he's out.
    Excellent rule! I was drying after my shower one time and looked down to see a little male child watching me from under the stall, he was around six or so. I tore his mother a new one.

Electra Townie 7D

Kitsune06 Guest
    well at that age it's probably curiosity, too... I mean, kids don't have the inner voice of public restraint saying "Oh, as interesting as that person is, I really shouldn't stare". ...some ADULTS don't... but yah I know what you mean. I wish they had somewhere else to take their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    Now I don't prance around, I don't chat with my friends but I do stand completely nekkid for a period of time at the end of my shower while toweling off and when transitioning from towel around body to getting ready to get dressed. I prefer to stand nekkid for a short period of time to allow for some air drying prior to donning my clothes. While in any one of my various stages of dress/undress I may have a consversation with someone. If someone chooses to talk to me while I'm about to drop my towel to air dry and get dressed, I am not going to stop my routine. I will continue along, nekkid or not, while chatting.
    Me too.

The only locker room I "attend," the university pool's, has very few modest women around. And it's not just rock-hard 18-22 y-o's. (Although I did overhear a conversation about how fat a girl was once and it really got me concerned... I mean she was not rail thin either but she was so mean to herself it made me want to cry right there. End of self-hijack.) Lots of university employee and, I assume, faculty. Women don't feel like they must hide their body, whatever its shape, at all cost, especially the older ones actually. I've also become less concerned with modesty since I've been closer to 30. Yes there is even some naked (or half-naked) conversation going on. So what?

But don't get me started on those who left the toilet seat all wet (presumably from pool water, but still...).

2+ on the male children staring. I was in the locker room one day and a woman had her @6 year old son in there. He was obviously VERY interested in all of the women. As she went out I overheard her say, "Let's go collect your dad and get going". Sheesh! If his dad was RIGHT THERE the kid needed to be with dad, not mom!

My other pet peeve is the people who leave all of their stuff all over the benches when they go work out. Our locker room has a zillion lockers and one bench. Shared space is at a premium. Just take 2 extra seconds and stuff it in a locker, OK?

I get really tired of inconsiderate people... sigh...

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    What's the difference between walking and parading?
    Baton twirl.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kitsune06 Guest
    Only in the men's locker room.

"Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

there are people that do these things?
    scary!!!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

I have a question...... first off, our locker is not too crowded. When I go swim I leave a little pile of my shower things on the counter where people fix hair, do make-up. This way I don't have to go to my locker all dripping wet and leave a trail of water. It's always seemed like there was plenty of room there.....but maybe others are thinking that I'm being rude. Comments please! Rude or ok?
    "Being retired from Biking...isn't that kinda like being retired from recess?" Stephen Colbert asked of Lance Armstrong

Silver, without seeing your locker room it's hard to say. But I would suggest a drawstring net bag that you can tote along with you. Hand it on a hook if one is available.

Silver,

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but you also don't want people to think it's there for public use.
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune06 View Post
    well at that age it's probably curiosity, too... I mean, kids don't have the inner voice of public restraint saying "Oh, as interesting as that person is, I really shouldn't stare". ...some ADULTS don't... but yah I know what you mean. I wish they had somewhere else to take their kids.
    Hey Kit love your new pic. Did you draw that yourself????

The part about kids reminds me of a day a women abused me at a shopping mall restroom for having my then four year old with me. I mean get over yourself the restrooms do have doors and there is no way in hell Im letting my four year old go to a men's restroom by himself. I do understand about the change rooms though.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

My club has an area right where you come into the locker room that is called the family changing area. It is off to the right and sort of open. There are lockers in there. It is in both men and woman's locker rooms. This was added when they remodeled and people had complained loudly about older kids of opposite gender, staring. No boys over 3 years allowed in the woman's locker room.
    I remember feeling weird when I let my kids go and shower in the locker room alone at one of the clubs I worked at, when they were like 10 and 7. But, we were going somewhere afterwards, couldn't go home to shower. They had been in there so long, I got concerned, so when the first man came out that I knew, it happened to be their school superintendent. I asked him to go back in and check on them. He said they were busy blowing their hair dry! Boy, were they pissed at me.

Family changing rooms

Wouldn't it be more productive to voice the need to management for family changing rooms, than to chew a new a**hole on the woman who is just trying to protect her child? Keep in mind that the emotional scars held by child that was assualted in a public changing room, restroom, etc. would run a lot deeper that the ones you may sustain because your goodies were checked out by a little kid.
    Last edited by AllezGirl; 03-02-2007 at 11:10 AM.
    "The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community." -- Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

Quote Originally Posted by AllezGirl View Post
    It seems that it would be more productive to voice the need to management regarding the need for family changing rooms than to chew a new a**hole on the woman who is just trying to protect her child. Keep in mind that the emotional scars held by child that was assualted in a public changing room, restroom, etc. would run a lot deeper that the ones you may sustain because your goodies were checked out by a little kid.
    By the same token, a mother who brings a boy into the locker room should keep him close-by and use the experience as a teaching tool regarding appropriate behavior.

Electra Townie 7D