Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Brevets or centuries near Clearwater, FL

To disable ads, please log-in.

I talked to my sis-in-law the other day and got a ration of it for not coming to visit this winter, so I told her I'd look to see what was on the ride schedule for the late fall -- late October to early Decmber.

Can you all help me build a list of possibilities? Either centuries or 200k brevets would be good and it would be nice to have them within driving distance of Clearwater/St. Pete Beach so I could stay at Hotel SIL the entire time. I can telecommute for work so I could probably be around for 2 weekends of riding - just haul my laptop with me.

Any suggestions? Realize I haven't a clue where the town are so giving me a list of rides without some idea of distance from Clearwater doesn't help because I don't know what is close by and what isn't. Of course, routes with less traffic would be superb but I realize I may have to drive farther to get that. Tampa seems to sprawl forever and ever and ever.

Thank you so much for the help.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Check out the Florida Bicycling Association's ride calendar online. Looks like there are a couple of centuries over towards Gainesville, maybe a 120-mile drive or so from Clearwater.

Also, if you'll have access to a car, you might want to check out the beautiful Withlacoochee Trail, a 46-mile rail trail just west of Crystal River. You may not want to drive that far, but it IS a lovely trail.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

hey! I will ask the SO about good places to ride over there, he used to live in the tampa/st.pete area and he said that there was a hard core group of guys at his work that went out for big rides during lunch.

I'll find out tonight and let you know tonight or tomorrow!
    Orlando(about an hour and a half from there) usually has centuries around then.(mt.sugarloaf area).
    And I am in Ft.lauderdale(but way to long of a drive, 4 hours or so from where you will be) but there are one or two centuries around dec. here