Hi all. I am currently riding a Terry Unisex Liberator Race Gel saddle - and the width per Terry is 5.8". I am having saddle issues and am wondering if a narrower saddle or some other change is needed. Here are the basics:

I am 5'9" 145 lbs - I have been riding this saddle for 8 months - two bikes - Trek Pilot and Orbea Orca.
I ride ride twice a week indoors(Trek) on a computrainer for 3 hours of ride time in addition to two rides outside(Orbea) on the weekend of about 50 miles or so each - this is "off season"
"In" season I am on the road 4-5 times a week for about 150 - 200 miles per week.
I do not race, although my bikes are set up in a more "race-like" geometry.(I have tried more upright and don't like it)
I am planning to do lots of hilly centuries this year.
Most of my rides involve climbing.
I have been riding almost one year
I use Shebeast century shorts and have enough pairs that they are not "worn out" I don't use a chamois cream or other such lubricants.
I have been professionally fit on both of my bikes and have no other problem areas.

Last season I got a saddle sore where my leg and groin join that I treated and it went away. Now it is returning AND I am having the same issue in the same area on the other side - right where my sit bones are. The skin is "pigmented" as if to indicate a cycle of irritation and then healing over time. There is a hard knot on one side that comes and goes - and I am afraid of getting the same issue on the other side. When the area is swollen - I feel as if I can't get "situated" on my saddle.

I switched to the saddle from the Bontrager that came on my first bike - a Trek - because it hurt my female parts. One ride on the Terry and that problem was gone instantly. Now it appears I have others.

Here are my questions:
Do I look for a narrower saddle??
Do I look for a different type of saddle??
Should I be using some kind of chamois cream?? If so why? A greasy lube where I am having inflammation and have pores seems counter intuitive.

Any other suggestions on what I can try would be welcomed. Please help - daylight savings time will be here soon and I want to be on the road in comfort!!!

Debi