Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Katie Ride For Life Fernandina Beach

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just registered for the Katie Ride for Life and wanted to invite others to do so as well. This ride was started by some people I work with after one of their daughters was killed in an automobile accident. The purpose of the ride is to raise awareness and money for organ and tissue donation. Katie was a young athlete and had just signed her donor card before the accident. The route is beautiful in Fernandina Beach. There are various route distances and also an offroad course in beautiful Ft Clinch. You can support me at http://www.active.com/donate/KatieRi...2007/SSmith809
    But, what I'd really like is for you to join my team and ride along. If you register, be sure to indicate your team as YMCA - YATES. This ride has double meaning for me as my younger sister is a double organ recipient.
    Does you family know your wishes regarding organ donation?

I'd love to drive over and do this (I'm near Pensacola, so about a 4-5 hour drive). But that's our last week of classes and I don't think I could get away. Looks like a really nice ride route. Maybe.......
    If I decide I can't make it, I'll definitely sponsor you, stacie!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

thanks

Thanks Bad JUJU, Even if you don't make the ride, I recommend Fernandina/Amelia Island for a get away. It is truly a beautiful place. Katie's dad owns a wonderful B&B there called Elizabeth Pointe. I've never had the opportunity to stay there but it is on my to do list. Let me know if you decide to come this way for this ride or any other. I'd like to meet you. Tailwinds, ss

I saw your event on active.com. What are the fundraising requirements? it seems like it involved a pretty heavy fininical commitment. I live nearby and would like to ride with you. Let me know more please!

More details

Hi Tri! I'd love it if you could ride with my team. I just returned from vacation to find we have eight registered. That's the same as we had last year so I know we'll exceed that by ride date. There is a $25 registration fee and $100 donation. Depending on your circumstances, this can be substantial. It is for me and means my husband will not be coming along. However, I hope you'll consider asking a few friends to sponsor you so that you can come. Here's the website which contains all the information http://www.katierideforlife.org/Home.html but don't hesitate to ask me anything. The ride is gorgeous and definitely for a great cause. My friend Bob who is captain for team Prowler for MS150 rides has agreed to partner with me for this ride. He is one of the most inspiring people I have ever met. Well, let me know whatever you decide. I'd love to meet you. I'm actually located in NE Florida. I participate in many of the rides and would love to meet you another time if you can't make this one. STacie