Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Going to the Cindarella!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yahoo - Got my confirmation in the mail today! I'm going to the Cindarella.

I'll be driving out on Friday from Arizona. Anybody else goin?

(OH, Wow, I just realized I haven't been riding my bike at all except for three days last weekend on a mountain bike in about 3 months!)

Guess, I better get my sitter ready for the hours on the bike. Hope it gets warmer and less icy between now and then!

I got my confirmation card, too. I knew I was in however, because they had cashed my check.

I'm riding with three non-TE friends. This is the fourth Cindy for us together. Not sure when we'll get started in the morning. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express Friday night and riding over to the start from there. Assuming TE has a tent at the expo, that would be a good place to meet up to say hello, either before or after the ride. We'll be the ones with tiaras (us and a few hundred others)

Keep your fingers crossed the weather gods smile down on us this year.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

Quote Originally Posted by five one View Post
    We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express Friday night and riding over to the start from there. Assuming TE has a tent at the expo, that would be a good place to meet up to say hello, either before or after the ride. We'll be the ones with tiaras (us and a few hundred others)

Keep your fingers crossed the weather gods smile down on us this year.
    Holiday Inn sounds like a good idea, even some locals stay there to be near the ride start.

I can commit to AV gear, vest, arm skins for spotting Trek on the ride purposes. Of course if you see a Mondonico....it's me. I've heard it's only rained three times for the Cindy, last year was crazy.

Are we doing dinner the night before the brutal epic Cindy ride?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm in!! Got mine today as well. Not sure where we're staying yet. I don't know the area at all. Any and all suggestions are welcome. We should be in the area Thursday night.
    As for me, if it's nice enough to wear shorts, you will spot me a mile away...

See y'all there.
    Oh, that's gonna bruise...
    Only the suppressed word is dangerous. ~Ludwig Börne

Holiday Inn Express in Dublin is super convenient, you can ride to the start.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Holiday Inn Express in Dublin is super convenient, you can ride to the start.
    Be sure to ask for the Cinderella rate of $69. Valley Spokesmen had it as $59 on their website, but that's last year's rate. I would suggest making a reservation ASAP. We're all local, relatively speaking, living in Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Morgan Hill. It's just so much easier to be right there the morning of. In the past, we got kind of crazy with decorating helmets, bikes, etc., the night before. It still have my tiara, but the rest gets in the way during the ride. My friend Shelley rides with a big blue feather boa around her neck and silver lame skirt and arm warmers

We always eat at Frankie, Johnny, and Luigi, too in Dublin.
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

This will be my first Cinderella, and after reading all your posts, it really does sound like a whole lot of fun. I am still recovering from a trip to Egypt and riding camels for five days in the desert, so I've not been on my bike for ages. Thankfully, there's still time to train a bit. Thanks for all your fun and interesting messages here.

How about dinner the night before?

We've met at ...oh, trying to find the link to the Mexican place on Park....but open to suggestions of any sort.
    Last edited by Trek420; 03-07-2007 at 09:22 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm not riding Cindy this year, but would love to meet for dinner the night before to catch up and meet some of the new folks! Not living in the East Bay I will be no help with deciding a place to eat, but just tell me when and where and I will be there :-)

I have my confirmation; but, I'm not sure if I'm up for it. Just getting back to riding after 6 or 7 year hiatus. Still working on my base miles to get my stamina back up. Right now I feel comfortable at 30 miles with hills. Haven't gone out for a 40/50 or 60miles and doubt if I can put that kind of time in between now and then.

What's the weather like in the past. and what is predicted for this year??

Can anyone tell me what the ride is like? number of hills, grade, length of the hill or better yet a cross sectional map showing distance and elevation of the ride.

I'm just not staying up on my training schedule. And not feeling too confident.

Thanks

The hills are minimal - a couple of long lazy ones, nothing steep. If you can do 30 with hills now, you will probably be fine at the Cindy.

I just checked out the Cinderella ride online. You are so lucky! I wish they had something like that around here. How many women do you usually get out for it? Are you ladies doing the regular 100km or the longer, climbing version?

Have a good time!
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

I'm coming...and I believe I'm in for dinner wherever.

I'm thinking of doing the extended version, but haven't decided for sure yet....anybody else up for it? I might race the next day, too, so I'll be taking it easy either route, to save the legs.

~BikeMomma
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

I'm in for the 100.

Signed up for three more centuries over the next two months. Preparing for Colorado
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

I'm doing the metric - Pretty much, I will be riding with little or no training this year. Too cold, too icy and not enough motivation to ride in that kind of weather. I've been riding for a long time so it's all muscle memory this time. My rear is going to hurt!