Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

From Katy, TX to Greenville, SC

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi gals,

We are relocating to Greenville SC this summer and wondered if anyone is from this area and could give me heads up on the riding conditions there? There was a big bike race when we went over Labor Day weekend to visit but other than that not sure if there are many riders in this part of the country.

I am training for an MS150 in April and I LOVE getting out on the weekends and just seeing people everywhere here in Katy riding in little groups who are also practicing for this race. i just hope I find that there too...

thanks, Heather

Great cycling location!!

I am just across the border in the mountains of NC - and Greenville has a very strong and active cycling community. Of course it is the current home of National Champ George Hincappie. Look up the Greenville Spinners and Spartanburg Freewheelers websites for lots of group rides and activities. There are lots of wonderful organized rides in the area - especially across the border here in NC - of course I am partial to the mountains! Send me a private message and I can give you more links to calendars and activities. You are moving to an area that has access to some of the best road riding on the east coast if you ask me. Welcome to the area!

Debi

Talking

I am originally from Greenville, but now live in the lowcountry. It is a wonderful place to live and I would move back in a heartbeat (if it were not for DH's job). You will love it! Another site to check out is cyclecarolina.com. It covers NC & SC events. Good luck!

Welcome to Greenville

You are in for a cycling treat! This is a great place to live and ride. There is a lot going on cycling-wise. The city government is getting into making the city more bike-friendly. The Greenville Spinners club is very active. We have a huge weekly training ride on the south side of town every Tuesday during Daylight Savings--you can either participate in practice races, or you can head out into the country with cyclists with a wide range of ability levels. The terrain is great--you can find rolling hills or mountains or a combination (not much flat). In-season, you can find an organized ride (usually charity-related) almost every weekend. There are lots of informal rides you can tap into as well.

And, yes, it's quite cool to see George out on the road occasionally. He passed me going up Paris Mountain just last week--just about the only circumstance in which I don't mind getting passed.

Greenville will be hosting the US Pro Championships for the next two years (Labor Day weekend).

And Heather, if you are up for another MS 150, we have a team that will be riding in one here in SC in October, and we'd love to have some more team members.
    I ride, therefore I am.