Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: First Crash

First Crash

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well I went biking on Wednesday eveing and I was doing really well did 11km on my road bike which for me (major unfit person) is alot and I was heading back to the car when while chatting to my friend and not paying attention I caught my husbands rear wheel and next thing I know I'm on the ground. I landed hard on the edge of the path but surprisingly no cuts or scratches just lots of brusies and a sore butt. Took yesterday off from riding to recover but I'm going to try and get out again tonight but I think I'll stick to my mtb for the next couple of days Funny though I was more upset that I wrecked my handlebar tape and scratched the frame then the fact my butt hurt...does that mean I am a true biker now?
    Last edited by magrat22; 06-18-2004 at 10:42 AM.

It sure does!!!!

and your no longer a virgin to the pavement!!!

karen

Yeah the fact that you were more concerned about the bike is a good sign

Glad to hear you are ok. Don't forget to protect your front wheel!

Put Your Hands up for Detroit. Our Lovely City!

Unhappy my first crash too!

Hi everybody! This is my first time on this board, too.

Magrat - glad to hear your crash didn't kill you, and that you're ready to jump back on the saddle.

I went out for a 12-mile ride Saturday and was feeling like Wonder Woman! Then I had my first crash just yesterday.

I was out for a short pleasure cruise on a paved trailway system when this dumb little kid was swerving and weaving all over the path on an uphill. I yelled out, "On your left!" and give her a wide berth, but unfortunately, she was totally clueless and I wound up swerving way left to avoid hitting her. The entire left side of my body has now gotten an intimate introduction to the asphalt. I also wound up going forward, and getting the handlebars jammed into my lower gut. I will admit, I am definitely hurtin! (Does giving my left ovary to save a dumb little kid earn me a spot in heaven?)

Just wanted to vent a little while nursing my wounds.

(But I'm still ready to sign up for my next 30-mile)
    "A day without coffee is like... sucky."

http://cathleen1977.blogspot.com

Talking Protect the bike!

At all costs, protect the bike! You will heal! Your poor bike will not. It will end up in LBS emergency room with strange men putting grimey hands on her private parts!

(seriously)

Glad to hear you two are OK. One thing - if you were wearing a helmet, did it take a smack? If so, you need to replace it immediately. Even if you can't see damage, the inside can be damaged to the point that it won't protect your head in future crashes.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Put Your Hands up for Detroit. Our Lovely City!

Thumbs up crash results

After visiting my doc, I feel like I am now on the road to recovery. Or, rather, on the road to biking. Thank goodness for good painkillers!

Luckily, although I have a helmet, I managed to avoid smackin' my noggin. No dain bramage.

My bike did suffer some injuries, so, I'm going to take it to the bike shop and have them check it out. I think the front alignment and shift / brake levers need some attention.
    "A day without coffee is like... sucky."

http://cathleen1977.blogspot.com