Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Commuted To Work

To disable ads, please log-in.

YEA, I commuted to work for the 2nd time this year . January was a long very cold month. Feb started off bad, but now it is tolerable. This morning, I way overdressed...only 35, but thought it would rain. It really felt good to be in control of my time. On Tuesday, my bus was late and I missed my trax connection. It ened up taking me 1.5 hrs for 5 miles . I decided, I didn't care what the weather was going to be, I was riding my bike. It felt so good to be outside on a bike again !!!!

woo hoo, I bet it was faster than bus to rail too.

You'll save time and money. This is just a good excuse to get more wool.

I can't wait for it to spring forward so we have some daylight for my ride home.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Congratulations! I wish I could commute to work. On back roads, it would be 35-40 miles each way, so isn't doable, but I have great admiration and respect for those who can and do cycle commute as I know it can't always be easy or even fun some days.

Good for you!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Today was four below and I couldn't find my goggles, or I'd have broken my personal record. Last week I went in at 1 below without adversity. (I do keep in mind, though, that a flat tire would be more than an inconvenience, especially on the Gazelle. Gosh, I hope those studded tires I just ordered are puncture resistant, too!)

Geonz, 4 below!!

sbctwin you are awesome, commuting in SLC in the wintertime it's ALWAYS cold there (and windy?!)

blue=cold
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Wow -1 or even -4 (that low, who cares)...that's COLD!!!! I can ride when it is in the upper 20's, but that is my limit. We are in SPRING here. Bulbs are popping their heads out of the ground. It is nice. I wimped out on my commute home yesterday because once I got to work, the weather changed and we had snow. I was afraid I would be riding downhill on some very icy roads (and I have some steep downhills on my ride home) so I hitched a ride. I did go ahead and ride in again this morning. The ground was wet because it rained overnight, but it was warm enough that there wasn't ice. I hope the mountains got the dumping they were suppose to. Mimi, we don't have a lot of wind even though it is quite often "breezy". It just feels so good to be "outside" on a bike.

Former fair weather rider

I used to think I would not ride if it was in the 60's or below but then I survived the brutal epic Cinderella ride last year, and did a ride last month that had to be in the 20's .... not bad! With the right clothes or enough wool...kinda fun!

The Swedes are right in a saying I read somewhere: there is no bad weather, just inadequate clothing.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Rode to work on the good, old hybrid. It's supposed to be in the 60's today in Eastern OR and really lovely tomorrow with the high in the upper 60's. Is spring here??? I hope so.

So nice to be outside!

I've hit the wall on my trainer and have been riding to work in the rain and slop these last few day. It is sooo wonderful to be outside. The sun came out this morning for the first time in about two weeks and it was all I could do to stop riding and go into work. The temp is expected to reach almost 50 today and tomorrow! Whoo hoo! I only work till 4pm on Saturdays so I can ride home before dark. I may even cut out early today and ride home. Next week it's back to the rain and slop so I gotta get some miles in while I can. bikerHen