Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow Day!!

snow

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey ladies,

I heard about your snow woes on the news

Keep warm!

C

Saw your picture Lisa. Looks great. Today is beautifully sunny, but freezing. I am deciding if I will go snow shoeing after work or go take a nice "centergy" class with a little warm up on the elliptical. Normally, I would prefer to be outside, but I feel like I should take it easy with my recovery from bronchitis. I have a full weekend of x country skiing and snow shoeing planned, and I have next week off. Anyone interested in going x country or snow shoeing on Tues., Wed. or Thursday????

Robyn

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin View Post
    Anyone interested in going x country or snow shoeing on Tues., Wed. or Thursday????

Robyn
    Too bad Concord MA is on the "wrong" end of MA from me!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have a full weekend of x country skiing and snow shoeing planned, and I have next week off. Anyone interested in going x country or snow shoeing on Tues., Wed. or Thursday????

Robyn
    Maybe. Depends on how things are going at work. You going locally or driving somewhere? The current crust isn't good for skiing except at a machine-groomed place.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

We could go up to Windblown. It's not a very far drive. I may go there over the weekend, so I can let you know how the conditions are.

We could go up to Windblown. It's not a very far drive. I may go there over the weekend, so I can let you know how the conditions are.
    Sounds good. If my work is caught up next week, I'd like to go.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

Got an email from Windblown yesterday. Conditions seem to be perfect. Me, on the other hand seems to be never getting better. I went to the gym yesterday, did 30 minutes on the elliptical, came home and started coughing like crazy again. Now my head is full and hurting and my lungs are messed up again.

Is someone trying to tell me that exercise is bad??????

Anyway, Deb, I will keep you posted as to if I am able to go next week.

Robyn

Hmmm. I am taking Monday off - friends are coming over and we're skiing out this way. Might be tough to take 2 days off. If you guys decide on a day, please post. I would be up for Windblown. I would have to see how the week goes and probably won't be able to tell if I can sneak another day until the last minute.

So Robyn, you're saying that you have a whole week off stretched out before you and you're sick? Geez, you drew the short straw. Chances are that Windblown will be good for a least the next couple of weekends unless it gets real warm and stuff refreezes. If you all out there are up for it, we could also try for an additional day next weekend?

It still might be good out here also. On another note most people don't know this but Wendell State Forest grooms trails for free. I've never known any other state forest to do this in MA. It is a very pretty place, they groom (they don't do it everyday but they do it frequently), it's free, and they even have a warming hut with a woodstove. It's really one of those best kept secrets, as it's never crowded. The trails might not be as wide as Windblown, and the groomer doesn't put down tracks, but it has some nice varied terrain.