Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

The pro said she wanted to stay and watch the last athlete come in. The friend asked why. She said that the last ones coming in are the real athletes. As hard as she had to work, they had to work way harder to finish and they had to do it for 8 hours longer than she did.
    That is so true! *Wipes a tear*

Great story, thanks for sharing!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    Alpine - That is totally surreal. I think I would've gone home wondering if I was in severe glycogen deficit and hallucinating.
    My thoughts exactly - really disconcerting. Glad I knew what I had had before, nothing illegal so rub your eyes and "get it".
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

Hi All,
    You are motivating me to keep at it. I ran 8 miles slow....we are having a lot of wind (25mph). I feel like I was was beat to death. I am learning to use my Garmin and boy does it tell the truth! No more rounding up if you know what I mean!
    I need motivated to start my weight lifing again. Anyone struggling?
    Anita "Shiraz"

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post

A little picker upper for those of you who stuggle with running:

One of most tought provoking things I have ever heard come out of an athlete's mouth was something I overheard at Ironman Canada, at the finish line, sometime around hour 16. A pro athlete was discussing the race with a friend and the friend wanted to go back to the hotel. The pro said she wanted to stay and watch the last athlete come in. The friend asked why. She said that the last ones coming in are the real athletes. As hard as she had to work, they had to work way harder to finish and they had to do it for 8 hours longer than she did.

It's true. It's not important how fast or how far. It's about effort and my hat goes off to anyone who's out there making an effort. We're all athletes.
    It's always so good to hear these things. A lot of people give up on sports activites because they don't feel like they're "good enough." Like the Nike ads say - "Just do it." Sometimes a person coming in way behind everyone else - but finishing on sheer will and determination - that's impressive. Wanting it that bad - that beats cruising through something because "you can."

I ran 6 miles yesterday on trails at the park. Also did 3 miles on the treadmill earlier in the week. Just got new running shoes - sweet! My feet had been starting to get a little sore after running, but not since the new shoes.

Keep up the great work everyone! You keep inspiring me.

Deb