Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK, I feel MUCH better about myself right now! After taking the beginning of this week off due to weather and aches/pains, I ran at the gym today during lunch. 2 miles at a good pace, and while my knee ached a bit during my slow walk wu (wtf?) when I was running it felt great!

Also got to try out the new choos.... I heart them, they are so light and purty and they feel GREAT!

Ran 3.50 miles, in 39 minutes at an 11:08 minute mile pace.

It was a slow run... and honestly, my lower legs hurt so bad this morning, it was hard to walk to the bathroom.

It took all the will power I had to get on that treadmill and run through the constant pain (level 3 on a 1-5 scale). After 2 miles though, I knew I could just press on, so I did.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    So maybe my short stink on the trainer the other night was somehow a message from the powers that be. Before that I would have thought....

pffttt...45 mins on the trainer.....NOW I say...oh my...45 mins on the trainer. no wonder her legs are tired!
    Thanks! And it's all in how hard you push it too -- my trainer ride Tues. was hard -- lots of out of the saddle, lots of zone 3 heart rate pushing, lots of high cadence spinning, very little recovery time. And I'm not a runner, really; this is only the third or so time I've run three miles in my life, so it's still a big accomplishment for me. I decided to take today off from all things cardio- and leg-oriented and just do a light upper body lift + ab workout after work. Tomorrow night, I'll be hitting the trainer again -- let me at it!!!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Thanks RnR!!

Were you all worried I haven't been running? LOL.

Tues - Hill workout, 6 x 2min hills in Z3 to Z4, total mileage 6.16. That was a toughie. Big efforts.

Today - 45 min run as part of a brick. So, thanks to RnR I was shamed into riding outside even though it was raining like crazy. I did my bike hill workout and at the turn around, where I should've been able to haul azz back home, the wind kicked up, gusts up to 40 mph, headwind I got back to work and had a 1:50 transition to the run, into the wind. Total run time 45 min and only 4.64 miles. I was soaked to the core and pretty miserable. At the turn around the sun came out, (even tho it was still raining) and the wind was at my back. Then I turned a corner to head to the clinid. At that moment I was blessed with a beautiful rainbow. A perfect arc over the Gorge. In the end it was all worth it.

For some reason, I'm kinda tired. Think I'll hit the hay.
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

I ran 4.5 miles today. I did it at a pretty easy pace since it is freezing (31*) and my asthma goes nuts with the cold. I was originally planning on getting on the dreadmill, but the bright sunny day outside lured me into it. Put on some layers and went for it. Since there was no wind, I acutually never got cold. I wanted to do more, and my body was all for it (I actually went past my spot where I normally start cooling down without even realizing it), but the test next week dictates some actual studying, and alas, the common sense in me won out. Tomorrow is supossed to be snow/freezing rain, so I'll definately be inside if that one happens.

blech....

No run for me today. I came home from school early with a fever. BLAH...darn kids with their germs.....I have not had a fever in years.....BLAH.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    No run for me today. I came home from school early with a fever. BLAH...darn kids with their germs.....I have not had a fever in years.....BLAH.
    I hear ya, RNRG. I had not had a cold in probably 4 or 5 years until TODAY. I felt it coming on yesterday but was in denial. Unfortunately, that didn't work. And, unfortunately, it was beautiful this evening and would have been a good one for a run...BLAH is right!

I did an indoor brick today; 1.7mi before spin class (1:10 long) then .5 afterwards. All running at a 10min/mile pace, keeping my HR 1/2 in zone 1, 1/2 in zone 2 through the entire workout. And it actually worked for once - my average HR was 154, which is right a the transition between zone 1 and 2. I'm up to 9.7mi for the week (If I'm adding correctly, which is always doubtful )

OK - I got my long run done with some help from my friends.

13 miles of solid running then 1 mile of run walk to meet up with DH at the laundromat. Pretty proud of myself. Thought about my sisters cheering me on, the whole time.

Now my calves hurt and I need a beer.

Total mileage for the week: 24.78 miles. Not bad.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine View Post
    OK - I got my long run done with some help from my friends.

13 miles of solid running then 1 mile of run walk to meet up with DH at the laundromat. Pretty proud of myself. Thought about my sisters cheering me on, the whole time.

Now my calves hurt and I need a beer.

Total mileage for the week: 24.78 miles. Not bad.
    Awesome, Wahine. I can't imagine. I will be rejoicing if I can ever make it to four miles (at one time), then five?!?!

You totally rock in my book!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Keep going Wahine!!

5-6 k hilly run near my parents' house in this type of landscape,

with this bizarre view:

The bizarre part being that this was rising from behind the hill, right where the monastery stands.

sort of like a Magritte painting

Last edited by alpinerabbit; 02-18-2007 at 05:54 AM.
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

ok..you guys need to bust be outtta here. Ya come home early from school with a measley little fever, and everbody acts like it is the plague. Nurse Ratchet...aka as DH would not even let me go for a walk this morning even though I am feeling better and my fever is gone. I can even breathe.

help!!!!

I bargined to behave today if I can go for an easy run tomorrow. So today I get to get dressed in nonworkout clothes and go shopping. Blech! Oh well, I feel a stop at the Sporting Goods store coming on, a new swimsuit perhaps.

SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ruth

( ps , I think I heard my mt bike Gidget snickering at me this morning. Pathetic)

Quote Originally Posted by alpinerabbit View Post
    with this bizarre view:

This is hilarious AlpineRabbit!!!

All (!!!) there will be on my long run this morning is... a crashed small Boeing on the beach! (They're filming something...)

AlpineRabbit... WOW what a view! So cool!

Well, I ran 3.25 miles after a 25 mile bike ride yesterday. Total miles for the week: 12.

Great job to all the hardcore running ladies out there! Week after week we are all rocking it!
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside thoroughly used-up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Talking

Alpine - That is totally surreal. I think I would've gone home wondering if I was in severe glycogen deficit and hallucinating. Man, what a beautiful place.

Ruth - I'll be right over. Not to bust you loose though, to handcuff you to DH so you can't do anything you shouldn't today. It's called tough love.

Emily - I was once a "OMG I could never run around the block" kinda girl. My older brother (that I worshipped) got on this kick about hard bodied women. So I thought I should be a hard body because that was attractive. I was about 18 at the time. I started to run and do weights, alternating days. Eventually I worked up to 3 miles and said that was it, I'm not running any further, this is painful. Then I met DH and life was irrevocably changed. I think he regrets the part he had in turning me into an adreneline junky. Now he's an Ironwidower. It takes little steps and we all have to start someplace. Just remember, you're out there doing more than 90% of the population. Good for you!!

A little picker upper for those of you who stuggle with running:

One of most tought provoking things I have ever heard come out of an athlete's mouth was something I overheard at Ironman Canada, at the finish line, sometime around hour 16. A pro athlete was discussing the race with a friend and the friend wanted to go back to the hotel. The pro said she wanted to stay and watch the last athlete come in. The friend asked why. She said that the last ones coming in are the real athletes. As hard as she had to work, they had to work way harder to finish and they had to do it for 8 hours longer than she did.

It's true. It's not important how fast or how far. It's about effort and my hat goes off to anyone who's out there making an effort. We're all athletes.

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2014 Soma B-Side SS