Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sports Bra/what to do

To disable ads, please log-in.

What brand of sports bra do you wear/recommend. I'm in the market for a new one. I am a 36, almost DD. Problem is that the bras out there smash me down and after about an hour, my ribs hurt. It seems that even the large or extra large are not that great. I do not want to be bouncing around but I need to breath. I'm not at all concerned with looks, just fit. There are also a great array of tops with bras 'sewn in' however if it fits my torso, it doesn't fit my breast. Or the elastic only comes 1/2 down my breast, leaving me to pull and tug on my breasts while I'm in the middle of a ride. (giving motorists a cheap thrill) Here in Sunny So.Cal, you can ride 365 days a year, my bras gets lots of use. This has been a problem for me since day one. It used to be worse before I lost weight, but it is still a problem. I dream of days when I used to be a 34B and anything fit.

have you had a look at the Title 9 catalog? They seem to have the most extensice collection of sports bras I have ever seen.
    I think they have a really good return/exchange policy too so you can find the right one for you.
    penny
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Originally posted by Irulan
    have you had a look at the Title 9 catalog? They seem to have the most extensice collection of sports bras I have ever seen.
    I think they have a really good return/exchange policy too so you can find the right one for you.
    penny
    Here's the link:

http://www.title9sports.com/
    monique

Take a look at www.activasports.com. I found bras that really fit in there, and they are not to pricey. I've been wearing on style for a couple of months. They've been through the washer and dryer a lot of times already and seem to be holding up well.

http://www.tworoadsfitness.com/larbreaswom.html has a great selection of bras for larger-busted women. I'm a big fan of the Moving Comfort Maia bra. And, if you need something for no bounce whatsoever (although it can be a bit tough to breathe in, then the Enell sports bra (Oprah's favorite) is a good choice. But for biking I'd recomend the Moving Comfort.

I am a 36D and I ended up wearing 2 sports bras! I haven't found one that fits right after much trying on. I buy 2 cheap ones and wear them, make sure that they both and comfortable tho, I tried the 1 medium 1 large and I could barely breathe BUT I don't bounce when I run I now wear 2 larges and find that sufficient.
    LIFE IS GOOD

I'm also a 36DD and very happy with my Moving Comfort Fiona bra, and use it for hiking, jogging, road and mountain biking. I could even jump rope in this sucker. I was worried about the adjustable straps on my misshapen collarbone but they aren't rubbing on that or on the normal side, either. So far everything's staying in place. They do seem to be sized a hair bigger than my regular bras so I got the 36D. I've only had it for a month but use it about 3 times a week-so far it's holding up fine under the washings/bouncings.
    I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

I am a full 36D and I wear a champion razerback from Target. You can also get it online at the champion website. I posted the link to it on another post I will try to find it. They are not very expensive and are totally breathable. I love mine. I have four of them and wear them at home all the time.

Melody

Okay found it... http://www.championcatalog.com/cgi-b...grfnbr=1167739

I just went to a race clinic, and the sales rep from CW-X showed up. Their bra is really kinda neat - support straps that criss-cross inside to provide the support, instead of just squishing everything. THe material is really light, soft and silky - and Coolmax. The only problem is that they say the large fits a 36B/C. Now, if it will only stop raining long enough for me to get outside and really try it out! Oh - look - web addy on the label www.cw-x.com

I used to be a 40E so I can feel your pain. Prior to my breast reduction I was just miserable but found the "Frog Bra" from Title 9 to be the least painful, I wore it uniboob style but it did the job.

I'm a dainty 36D but used to be a double-bagger until I found the Champion doubledry... forget exactly which one.

I can't wear it forever, though, without the ribs starting to bug me. I wear it under my tri suit which is a big improvement over having to put one on over the bathing suit in the transitions (I was afraid I had so much cotton/lycra that it would drag me to the bottom of the pool :-)). At least there was a lady hanging 'round who could give me an extra tug... the poor bike-watcher was a teenage kid who probably would have died of embarrassment

I think Irulan's idea of checking out title9 is a good one. Also, you might call them as they have terrific advice about how certain bras fit certain types of figures. I understand the Enell is a great bra, but quite the straightjacket, perhaps too much so for your ribs?

You could get Nordstroms to check your fit. Most people wear too large a bra for their ribcage size, but you may have erred the other direction?

The bra I use isn't a sports bra and it's also not cheap since it's a Wacoal, but it works and keeps the boobs looking like boobs. I'm 32DDD and am not keen on the uniboob look.

http://search.nordstrom.com/SearchRe...l+85814&CatID=

It's Wacoal 85814, known as a Bodysuede.

What makes them worthwhile to me is they last forever, even with very frequent washings. I line-dry them and they don't seem to break down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleek
    ...The bra I use isn't a sports bra and it's also not cheap since it's a Wacoal, but it works and keeps the boobs looking like boobs. I'm 32DDD and am not keen on the uniboob look.

http://search.nordstrom.com/SearchRe...l+85814&CatID=

It's Wacoal 85814, known as a Bodysuede.

What makes them worthwhile to me is they last forever, even with very frequent washings. I line-dry them and they don't seem to break down.
    That's funny - I just found out that Wacoal is the company behind the CW-X bra that I just bought. It is really comfortable, and it looks like it could probably support up to a D in a 'large'.

Sports bra question

I'm a 36D/38C and have had trouble finding a good sport bra, too, at least until lately. I get real tired of the una-boob approach, and there are a few bras out there that take a different (a la lift-and-separate)..angle, as it were: The Moving Comfort "Maia" and "Mesh Underwire" bras are good (I found them at SeeJaneRunSports.com). As is the Champion Shape T-Back Sports Bra (you can find it at Champion's web site).

Good luck!

I LOVE the Wacoal bodysuede bras exclusively for everyday stuff. I have used them while biking and they are ok on the road bike 'cept I gotta watch were my zipper is on the jersey but for me NOT ON THE MOUNTAIN BIKE!!! Still, my fave everyday bra.

(I gotta check out that CW-X bra!)
    I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.