Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Little Red Riding Hood-Utah

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here is some info. from www.bbtc.net and there is more discussion on the main cycling board.

June 2nd, 2007

The 20th Annual

Little Red Riding Hood

Women Only Cycling Event with 30, 62, and 100 Mile Options

The Bonneville Bicycle Touring Club invites you to participate in a fully supported, non-competitive, Women only Cycling event. Spend the day riding through beautiful Cache Valley in Northern Utah. This ride is one of only two women metric centuries in the U.S. and the only all women’s century. The route is a loop through the Valley on rural & country (paved) roads. The terrain is mostly flat, with some rolling hills (NO big climbs).

Our bike shop sponsor "BINGHAM CYCLERY" will furnish road support as well as making minor adjustments before the ride.

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS OF THE 2006 RIDE

COSTUME CONTEST:

There will be an optional Costume Contest. Prizes will be given to the 1st 2nd and 3rd place individuals with the most creative costumes. There will also be an award for the best group costume. Come a little early - judging and photos will begin at 7:30 before the start of the ride.

OPTIONAL JERSEY:

There will be a ride JERSEY designed especially for this event. The design will be posted on this web site in the near future. For an extra fee of $55 the jersey can be ordered. It must be ordered by March 24th in order to guarantee arrival for the event. Late jersey orders will be $70 and will be shipped approx. 60 days after the event.

The Little Red Riding Hood jersey is manufactured by Voler and will have 3 pockets on the back and a 20" inch zipper.

The jersey will have two cuts

Women's Club Cut is a more generous and relaxed fit and has a belled waist hem that does not contain elastic. The jersey fits comfortably on the hips and does not ride up.
    Women's Race Cut is tighter (form) fitted with an elasticized waist to be more aerodynamic.

Jersey Picture Coming Soon!

Check the Measurement Chart and measure yourself before ordering.

The following styles are available:

Short sleeve women's club cut,
    Short sleeve women's race cut
    Sleeveless women's race cut.
    Sleeveless women’s club cut.
    REGISTRATION FEE and WHAT IS INCLUDED:

Registration Fee for the ride is $40 (if postmarked by May 26thth) OR $45 day of the ride.

We will donate $5 of your registration fee to THE HUNTSMAN CANCER INSTITUTE for BREAST CANCER RESEARCH.

Included in your fee:

Road support.
    A social and continental breakfast (Fruit, Bagels, Muffins and O.J.) at registration.
    Snacks and energy drinks at rest stops, a deluxe lunch and after ride refreshments.
    Great looking T-shirt or cycling socks.. You may order your T-shirt in a women’s size or a Unisex size. Women’s sizes are meant to be more form fitting. Measure your bust size and use the Voler chart at the bottom of this page to determine your size if you are ordering a Women’s size.
    All routes are marked and each rider is provided a map with written directions.
    NEW THIS YEAR: a finish line celebration toast served by our volunteer wolves!
    RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT:

Hard shell or ANSI/SNELL approved helmet
    A road (or mountain) bike in GOOD working order (check with Bingham Cyclery for a tune-up)
    Clothing appropriate for the weather and riding conditions
    2 water bottles or "bladder bag"
    Sunscreen
    A good attitude ready for fun.
    SAFETY:
    In Utah a bicycle is considered a vehicle. Persons may not ride more than two abreast, and there are areas where you must ride single file. You must obey all the rules of the road, control speed and signal you intentions before hand. Be courteous to other riders and vehicles.

SUPPORT:
    Technical support is provided, but we recommend that you carry at tire patch kit or spare tube and frame pump (at a minimum) as well as two water bottles. There are well-stocked rest stops throughout the route. Stops include water, glycogen replacement drinks, carb replacement (e.g., fruit, crackers, nutrition bars, candy, etc.) Lunch stop includes the foregoing as well as sandwiches and chips.

EARLY REGISTRATION PACKET PICK-UP:

There will be early registration packet pick up available on Wednesday, May 30th from 6:00p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Bingham’s in Salt Lake City.

The address of the Bingham’s Salt Lake location is: 1500 South Foothill Drive. Salt Lake City

NEW THIS YEAR:

There will also be a early registration packet pick-up Friday, June 1st in Wellsville at Bowery Park (Center Street & Main Street) from 5pm – 8pm. We encourage you to pick up your packet early. This could prevent you from standing in lines the morning of the ride. Yummy refreshments will be served.

CHECK-IN:
    Registration/Check-in will open at 7:00 a.m., the day of the ride, at Bowery Park in Wellsville, Utah. You may begin riding at 8:00 a.m. The ride begins and ends at Bowery Park (Center Street & Main Street).

ACCOMMODATIONS:
    There are motels and campgrounds in the Cache Valley area (Wellsville, Logan, Brigham City, etc). Contact your favorite hotel/motel/campground chain for reservations or go to www.utah.com for a list of some of the area's hotels/motels and campgrounds. Camping is NOT available at Bowery Park.

DIRECTIONS:
    From the North: Follow U.S. Highway 89 to Highway 101 and turn right. Follow Highway 101 into Wellsville, where it becomes Main Street. You will see the Park on your left.

From the South: Take I-15 exit #362 (Brigham City) Travel East on U.S. Highway 89 to State Highway 23 turn Left. Follow State Highway 23 into Wellsville, where it becomes Center Street. You will see the Park on your right.

REFUND POLICY:
    Registration fees are non-refundable.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
    Contact Penny or Robin Perkins at (801) 486-8140, email: penperk@networld.com or Lynda Forbush (801) 467-5594

SELECT YOUR REGISTRATION METHOD AVAILABLE SOON!

Print and complete this registration form. Then, send it with your payment to the address listed on the form, OR
    Click here to register online through Active.com

Sizing chart for optional Jersey and the women’s sized t-shirts.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Finally registered for the LRRH yesterday and ordered me one of the jerseys. I am really excited about the ride. I went to the bike swap on Saturday. They had a rep for the SLC Marathon bike ride there. I told her of my experience last year and that I was hesitant to ride this year because of some of the rudeness I experienced. For one thing, last years t-shirt for the bike ride was very disappointing compared to the runners shirt. But the gal said that this years shirt for the ride will be like the first years shirt. Then she gave me the first year shirt. When I got home, I tried it on and it fit. I didn't think I could fit in a M and I usually hand my t-shirts to my DH. Told my DH, I am keeping this one. I am now seriously thinking of riding this ride again. It is April 21, I think....

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    **hijack**

sbctwin, is that the same day as Ghost Town in Tooele? I was planning on Ghost Town as long as it isn't raining.

EDIT: just checked...Ghost Town is on May 5. I'll be killing myself on the Wine Country Century that day, so no Ghost Town for me.

**end hijack**

Now, it's interesting that this thread came back up because just today I was chatting with my friend SadieKate about big plans for LRRH. Who is coming? Shall we have another party? Shall we do a spa day on Sunday at The Kura Door? I looooove The Kura Door.
    Last edited by yellow; 03-07-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Yellow, I am envious of your Wine Country Century, yep, I am...I want to get out on the road...I sprained my right ankle a couple of weeks back and after riding my trainer this weekend, the stupid thing swelled back up. I promised DH I would stay off the bike all week, and it is killing me....

Yes, will travel for a pedicure.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by sbctwin View Post
    Finally registered for the LRRH yesterday and ordered me one of the jerseys. I am really excited about the ride. I went to the bike swap on Saturday.
    Hey! I was at the swap meet on Saturday, too! Maybe we saw each other and didn't even know it!
    If you can read this, take a pull.

Oh, and I will be at LRRH! Planning on the full 100 this year.
    If you can read this, take a pull.

I mailed in my LRRH registration. I'm aiming for the century. Let's pray the old knees will hold up.

Side note - I too was at the bike swap Saturday. Sorry I missed seeing you ladies. But I didn't find my dream commuter bike either so I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I'm going to try the bike collective tonight. And if they don't have anything used...then I'll feel better about buying new.

so, any of you other ladies thinking of doing the ride before the marathon? Maybe we should find some time to get together for a short ride and meet each other so we have faces to put with names ...

pops head up

Someone say spa?? I'm soooo in.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by sbctwin View Post
    so, any of you other ladies thinking of doing the ride before the marathon? Maybe we should find some time to get together for a short ride and meet each other so we have faces to put with names ...
    I opted not to ride the SL Marathon bike ride. But I would be open for getting together for an informal UT TErs ride. When the weather warms up, I'll post where I'll be riding on a given day and anyone who wants to join me would be welcome. Perhaps others can do the same.

Thanks Sulis, that would be great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sulis View Post
    But I would be open for getting together for an informal UT TErs ride. When the weather warms up, I'll post where I'll be riding on a given day and anyone who wants to join me would be welcome. Perhaps others can do the same.
    Count me in!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Me, too! And I'm bringing Stella...

I'm heading down to Logan for the LRRH on June 2, bringing a young coworker who needs whuppin into shape. I'm planning to tow my Airstream down to the RV resort on Thursday and Friday nights, then hightailing it back home Saturday after the ride (work Sundays...)

Yellow was nice enough to show me to the Kura Door last time I was in town, and it was heavenly. She was also nice enough to rescue me from freezing in the Airstream after a window blew out, but that's another story for another time ... and she helped me name the 1967 camper Stella, and she's had nary a mishap since.

Anybody who wants s'mores, we'll have a campfire and s'mores....

(pic of me and my sis in San Fran after a hella road trip, but Yellow helped make it all better in Salt Lake...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3346-1.jpg 
Views:	1675 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	2901  

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose ...” -- Dr. Seuss

Life's an adventure! http://www.lovenewsjh.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by CyclaSutra View Post
    I'm heading down to Logan for the LRRH on June 2, bringing a young coworker who needs whuppin into shape. I'm planning to tow my Airstream down to the RV resort on Thursday and Friday nights, then hightailing it back home Saturday after the ride (work Sundays...)
    Hey CS:
    H I J A C K !!

I have an Airstream too! I wish it were the size of yours as mine is very long. It is a 1979 Land Yacht (read: 31') It is GREAT for the family, though. It was a mess when we bought it and we have been fixing it up. I LOVE Airstreams!